• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft top turnbutton fasteners

whistlepig

Thanks for the quick reply Warthog. The turnbuttons that I've found so far online are all metal. The ones on my new c-pillar are plastic. Did early hmmwvs have the metal turnbuttons? And are the same size/style turnbuttons found on other kinds of military vehicles?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the HMMWV guys can better answer that question. Hopefully they will post soon.

TheHummerguy rebuilds trucks all the time. He may have a good source.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
All the B pillars I have seen had metal, I have several C pillars some are metal but most of the ones that came in black seem to be plastic and in my opinion don't hold up as well. Both styles look to be the same size with rivet holes on either side.

whistlepig

Thanks to everybody who replied. I ordered some turnbuttons from a sailboat place online for around 60 cents a piece. Now I have to decide how to make them black.

whistlepig

If I remember correctly it was sailrite.com .
They came plated and shiny,ended up spraying them with self etch primer and then flat black enamel. Still holding up great.

maga

I just bought some black ones on Amazon. They are a direct replacement for the hmmwv and look nice. Search amazon for "hmmwv soft top fasteners".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks