• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soft Top ?

nspctr1

I currently have a 2 man 998. Looking at a used 4 man cover but no bulk head or rear curtain. Will the curtain and bulkhead from the 2 man work w the 4 man? If not, what is the difference. If the bulk head needs to be shorter, can it be cut down and rewelded?

Thx

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the only difference in the curtain is the pockets for the rear seat belt mounted on the rear fender. The bulkhead is shorter and wider for a 4 man and different brackets.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 2 man curtain is the full width of the B pillar from top to bottom. The 4 man curtain is the full width of the C pillar, then narrows to fit in the area between the rear sponsons. Most 4 man trucks do not have the narrow divider.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the only difference I think in the curtain is the pockets for the rear 3 point seat belt mounted on the rear fender. The bulkhead is shorter and wider for a 4 man and different brackets.

delete double post

HAWKMAN

If you need a 4 door rear curtain w/cut-outs (green) I have one with a small repair I can sell cheap2cents.....PM if interested. TX's

Action

To get from 2-man to 4-man, you need c-pillar, L&R handrails, another bow, top, rear curtsin, 2 rear doors, rear strikers, and 2 footman loops.
The handrsils, bow, and c-pillar are meeded just to get the top on.

Wire Fox

Thx. So can a 2 man bulkhead be modified to a 4 man
Not easily. If you have the skills and tools to properly modify the bulkhead like that, you probably have the skills and tools to just make a new one from sheet metal. The 4 man bulkhead isn't needed and I've seen them for under $200 on the auction site if you need it for your use. I'm sure plenty of members have extra if you post up a wanted ad in the classifieds for it and the brackets. If you want to try your hand at the brackets, I recall there being a thread about them a few months ago-try searching for "bulkhead brackets" or something of the like until you find that thread.