• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

solar panels on a 923

Tommy Frantz

Hey Race Fans,

I just picked up an M923A2 from gl and it has two 4" square solar panels mounted to the cowl just below the windshield. Does anyone know what they are for? I thought for a moment that my new toy was a solar/hybrid/whatever and I wouldn't have to feel guilty about driving it on earth day!! NOT!! :driver:

Tommy

Solargizers help stop sulfation buildup in the battery but charge very little, I have two on my M931A2. If you are looking to charge they make a 9x11 solar panel that charges I have one on my MEP-002A generator.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They provide more charge than you think. I left dash lights on my M923A0 for a week and a half while out of town, and the batteries had a full charge when I realized it and tried to start the truck. I wish my new truck had them.......

trooper632

I picked up a M931a2 that had them installed too, the batteries were 3 years old, but two of them would not hold a charge low volts so they wont keep a charge on them. had to convert to a two battery system to keep from buying two more batteries, work fine now