• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer install questions

Dieselsmoke

Well, I've got Solargizers installed on all of my trucks and am just about to install one on my M1009. I've found the perfect install location for the solar panel. They are very specific in the instructions to not change the length of wire between the box and the battery which leads to my question. I was considering using the radio bus bar to connect my leads to. However, that bus bar is 6 feet further from the batteries so wonderiing if that would have any effect on it's operation? I guess I could call them tomorrow.
How did you guys install yours?

Dieselsmoke

Well, called Solargizer today and they said no problem at all connecting to the radio bus bar. System is up and running, light is on steady and the sun is starting to go down so must have mounted the solar panel in a good spot! Mounted it on the roof next to the GPS antenna.

a68cudas

Well, I've got Solargizers installed on all of my trucks and am just about to install one on my M1009. I've found the perfect install location for the solar panel. They are very specific in the instructions to not change the length of wire between the box and the battery which leads to my question. I was considering using the radio bus bar to connect my leads to. However, that bus bar is 6 feet further from the batteries so wonderiing if that would have any effect on it's operation? I guess I could call them tomorrow.
How did you guys install yours?

what can a solargizer charge? It looks good and doesn't look that big either what are the dimensions on that?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one on my deuce but ended up talking it off. I built a shed to park it in so I didn't figure it would do any good.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a 2-battery system, where should the wires from the Solargizer box hook? Should one wire go to the back battery and the other to the front battery?

Thanks in advance for your posys.

mistaken1

The black wire will go to the negative post that is bonded to the vehicle frame and the red wire will go to the positive post of the other battery (not the battery that has the negative post bonded to the frame).

Before connecting anything use a multimeter to verify that the posts you have chosen show 24V (nominal) between them and to confirm the correct polarity.

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

I just got my solargizer
as seen here: http://www.chargingchargers.com/images-pulsetech/is-24-l.jpg

But it came with no installation instructions, and a little bag of screws, zip ties, nuts, bolts,
some sort of adhesive tapes, little plastic tubes, grommets, etc.

Anyone have any installation instructions/wiring diagrams, etc. they can post?
So I can download, save them, etc., and install this thing correctly?

Thank you, have a good day,

CJ

Last edited:

Biggles

I also didn't get any instructions with mine, I was just planning on bucking most of the stuff that came with it and attempting a military style install on the hood.

epartsman

Mistaken1 gave the correct installation. Mine has an illuminated battery tester with button mounted to the dash and the panel is mounted inside on a custom made bracket in the windshield just above the dash. It helps keep your batteries fresh for good full power starts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks