• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer question.

swindad2

Just bought a Solargizer IS-24-L to replace the dead one that came on my deuce. I have read the articles on the forum, but never found a clear explanation of the correct way to wire these across two batteries. I bought mine off **Bay. No instructions were included. Haven't had any luck with Google either. I currently have it wired with the positive terminal on the positive post of the the front battery (starter end) and the negative on the negative terminal of the rear battery (body ground).

It's sitting in full sun today, but the red LED doesn't appear to be on at all. I have read varying accounts of how bright the light will get. So I guess I need to get my meter out and see if it is working at all.

Any insight from the pros is greatly appreciated.

Larry.

Last edited:

swindad2

Thanks. I found a similar diagram. Looks like I have it hooked up correctly. I just have to test to see if it is working. I am curious what effect my battery disconnect on the ground has on the solargizer working.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Each PowerPulse unit has an LED on top of the circuit box. When
properly installed the LED will blink when the wires are attached to the
battery terminals and the unit is activated. Once the unit is installed, if
the LED does not light it may be due to one of the following reasons:
1. The PowerPulse has been installed incorrectly (reversed polarity).
2. There is a bad connection.
3. The battery voltage is too low to operate the PowerPulse, charge the
battery then re-check.

scooter01922

I would imagine a battery disconnect on the ground would have limited if no effect since the solargizer is hooked straight to the battery. The red light on mine is too dim to be seen in direct light, need to shade it to see that its on but its quite sufficient to keep things well maintained with just its usual dim glow.

swindad2

Should it be a steady glow or a continuous blink. Mine is blinking continuously. The LED on this one is recessed into the box further than the other one. I had to take it off and look directly into the top of it to see that it is on. I have it mounted under the dash on the firewall, since the last one had water in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks