• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer question

Jones

I know the Solargizers have been talked about in previous posts but I haven't seen an answer to this particular question. The Solargizers will trickle charge a good battery to keep it up but their chief benefit is for desulfating the plates. I'm running two Optima batteries which are a gel-cell in construction, not a wet-cell. Are the Solargizers of any benefit in this application; or is the fiberglas mat/gelled electrolyte not prone to sulfating like the older wet-cells are? Also; unlike a wet-cell, there is no open area for any dislodged sulphate deposits to drop into on a gel-cell-- so any sulphate deposits would continue to be held in place.

n1vbn

The Solargizers are designed to work with almost any battery including a gell cell battery. The desuphation process converts the sulfur deposits back to a LIQUID form to bring the hydrochloric acid back to full strength which is why the battery feels stronger after a couple of weeks after installation. This answer is posted on the Solargizers website which is where I got the info.

It took me five visits to the website before I found the answer. Not enough time in the day. :eek: