• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solargizer squeal

otisroy

All, The batteries on the the M35 I just picked up are D-E-D. I figured I'd try to desulfate then charge them before I run out and grab new batteries. It's nice and sunny here today and as soon as that solar plate hit the sun the Solargizer started to squeal. I pulled the leads from the batts and the tone changed. Is that normal for them?

Crash_AF

I've heard them squeal before, it's usually because the batteries aren't charged enough for the circuitry to work properly. Charge the batteries with a regular charger first, then hook up the solargizer.

Later,
Joe

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Solargizers squeal as well, connected or not. The pitch, or tone goes higher and lower depending on the amount of sunlight on the panel. I hope this is normal, my batteries are fully charged.

stampy

Have 3 they squeal slightly when in the sun hooked up or not. Make sure you know which is + and which is - otherwise you can fry them. Also they are not for CHARGING a battery! It says so right in their literature. They do maintain and desulfinate a battery that is well charged and has very little to no drain on it though.

m139h2otruck

We have one with the LED on the water truck and one w/o on the Mack tractor. They both seem to work well, but the non-LED unit does have a very high pitch "tone" that most times I can't hear, mostly when in direct sunlight. Highly recommend using these on any of our military trucks, since most of our trucks do not get full time use and the batteries just set and spoil from lack of exercise. Bought 4 more to put on our construction equipment (both 12 and 24 volt).

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Study the operating characteristics of the Solargizer before investing to heavily. The best way to keep the batteries from sulfating in the first place is to use a "maintainer/charger" of some kind, solar or house current powered. A battery in fully charged condition will not sulfate, hence no need for a de-sulfating device.....
Note the last sentence in the paragraph (image below).

Also, for a longer battery life, keep them cool and warm them up before use, if possible.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks