• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sold a M35a2 a few weeks ago

monkeythumbs

A few weeks ago , I decided to sell a Duece that was just sitting around to raise funds for another toy. The guy who bought it , bought it to have a little fun, and basically to try a make a buck flipping it. Just saw that he had put an add on Craigslist for it. Its sort of a shame , because I had priced it to sell, with the thought someone who wanted to join the hobby would get a good truck for the right price. Take a look at his add on Craigslist, thought it was funny , doubt he's gonna get that price.

DUCE an a half Military Army Truck 1971

The truck in my avatar is the same one for sale, I think I did a better job on photo too, than he did. If anybody is interested, just PM and I'll let you know the good and bad, and what he paid for it, etc

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your picture is definitely a better angle. It still isn't a bad price, cheapest one I could find in my area was was a lot more then that.

91W350

We know one thing, he is not a student of the English language...

" It does have seats and widows that roll up, windshield pushes out. CONVETABLE TOP ooooo NICE."

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, you picked a winner there! Please tell me you did NOT tell him about SS.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How much did you sell it for? It might be fun if all of SS gave him offers of his purchase price or slightly less. :mrgreen:

Atomic

If I thought that was a good deal I would tell him to pack sand based upon his use of grammer. :shock: Why would I buy from an idiot?

monkeythumbs

Update for you guys:
1. Unfortunately I did sorta tell him about SS
2. I made a few bucks off of it, he paid 2500, if you want to lowball him.
There was a lot of extras included, tires, ladders, lights, fluids,etc.
3. The truck was out of WP last year , it went cheap , because the auction
went on during Haspin, so intially it was a 900 truck

Have fun with this if you want...lol

armytruck63

This guy is an example of the saying, "Profanity is the vocabulary of the ignorant." I'm no choirboy, but after reading the lines about the elephant and the ex-wife, I want nothing to do with this idiot.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Update for you guys:
1. Unfortunately I did sorta tell him about SS
2. I made a few bucks off of it, he paid 2500, if you want to lowball him.
There was a lot of extras included, tires, ladders, lights, fluids,etc.
3. The truck was out of WP last year , it went cheap , because the auction
went on during Haspin, so intially it was a 900 truck

Have fun with this if you want...lol

Offer sent. :mrgreen:

Ripcord01

Nice add. Who does this man think he is going to sell this to speaking like that? Someone should have their wife ring his bell..But then again it is on CL.

monkeythumbs

In all fairness, he told me when he picked up the spare tires that a buddy of his wanted it, and he was throwing a for sale sign on it , just incase somebody else wanted it that bad. I guess his buddy couldn't take the cash outta the bank without the wife finding out. The add is amusing though, thought people would enjoy it. Have fun with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks