• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Solid Gold M105A2?

54reo

Have any of you ever seen an $800 M105A2?

I hadn't until today!

Holy cow, man!!!

Maybe there is a new-in-the-can LDS-465 in the back....

:roll:

Sorry if this a member here, but...WOW!

Attachments

mbarber84

Cal Army Navy in California, PA sells those babies for around 450...thats after a GL purchase.....it looks really clean, i guess....

...:cookoo:

maybe there really IS something in the back of there that we don't know about....

dittle

Not to steal the thread, but look at what the last 2 sales worth of Deuces have brought in IA and MN today. People must be wanting them bad and have some deep pockets to go with the urge. Not trying to offend anyone if they were a winner of any of them.

dittle

No kidding ranchhopper. I previewed them myself, some nice ones but I don't think they (or the ones in MN) justified the 2k+ per truck that they went for. Two in WI today went for 3.5K+....just crazy in my opinion. One of those WI trucks was on a sale right before Xmas and the guy must have defaulted as it was on today's as well.

cruz

I'm glad I got a deuce last year, I was bidding on the trucks in WI, but all went to high for my bank account, I did however end up the #2 bidder on a ammo trailer, and on the lube trailer. I hate when that happens:cry:, OH WELL

coeder

I bid on a M101 last month in MI that went for 987.00. I talked with the gentleman picking it up and he said it was worth the money to him.????:?:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL got tired of selling the 105's for $100 so they invented the "bobed deuce" and have been flashing subliminal "bob your deuce" messages on the web sites to create a market for the usless trailers.

maplehillfrm

he may default on the trailer, b ut it had to go to that amount because 2 people WANTED it,, isnt that the way an auction works??

would I pay that much ,, no but he must have wanted it, and someone else wanted it for 20.00 less..

Maybe there is something in the back of it .. it can happen, yes it can!

Last year I was browsing the trailer offerings and noticed an odd M101 with tool boxes mounted on the top sides. As I looked at the pictures that were taken from the rear I noticed some "pipes" and a cage like thing in the bed. I thought I knew what it was ... but I couldn't go to San Antonio to look at it to be sure.

I took a chance I bid on [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]NSN2330007389509[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]TRAILER CARGO, 3/ 4T, W/ DROP GATE/ SIDE MOUNT TOOL BOXES, SINGLE AXEL
Approximate Dim. or Lot Cube: 12' x 6' x 6' (L x W x H)

I Won $755 after charges $830.50 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-2]net [/SIZE][/FONT] Crazy Huh ...

Well, I thought I knew what was in the back of that trailer, my pockets were deep enough at the time so I took a risk. Mind you, this was only my second attempt to purchase from GL the other is a M416 to tow behind my civi Jeep that first lot was in Norfolk, a three hour drive from Raleigh. This new acquisition was in Texas a three day drive from Raleigh, which added a lot more stress and drama. Now that I won I had to figure out how to get my prize home. Long story short, field trip! I decided to drive down with my pickup and get it.

I'll cut to the chase cause I feel a bit like I hijacked this thread, but the bottom line was when I got there I found I was right. Mounted in the back of the trailer was an AB-577/GRC. Not only that, but it looked like ALL the parts were there.

When I, finally got home I could barely contain myself. I started looking at the parts in the compartments. I found them all nicely wrapped in newspaper dated '82ish. They looked brand new not even a scratch, (tear in my eye here). Well after inventory, I found that two of the large guylines were missing and I needed a manual. I knew right where to go, Ontario Surplus http://www.ontariosurplus.com/ab577.htm $50 later I had the complete tower.

For those of you not into communications / Ham Radio .. this is a very sought after tower cause the "powers that be" somewhere along the line choose to start crushing them a few years ago.

Anyway ... bottom line

• Original purchase $830.50 worth maybe $400 to $450 cause of the tool boxes
  • AB-577/GRC Free .. Average selling price on open market $1000.00
  • Cost of retrieval and getting to see parts of the US I have never seen $$ doesn't matter.
  • Delta $500 to my good
  • The adventure, the fun, the score, PRICELESS thanks be to God.
All the Best to All,
Rick
20M-SSB_Yagi_BBY_KU1T_iii-08-06-29-1330.jpgAB577_250x356.jpgmaststand.jpeg