• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some kind of binding

Moto4Life

I went to take my deuce out for a spin around the block after it sat for the past two weeks and as I began to let out the clutch it felt like the wheels were chalked. I checked to make sure everything was clear and tried to back it up again. Still felt some kind of binding. I had to bring up revs and feather the clutch until it jerked backwards and the tires spun in the gravel. Has anyone ever had this problem before? This is the first time its happened and it drove and checked out perfectly fine.

SMOKEWAGON66

Parking brake froze maybe?

LOL in the desert in Cali? :cookoo: Just kidding. rofl

But this sounds right. I wouldnt say froze..but stuck maybe. Tis not cold enough in the AV to freeze tonight

Moto, when you were bringing up the RPMs, did it move at all before it let go and spun on the gravel? Did it make a noise at all when it let go? pop or clang?

Last edited:

janstorbakken

You may have a brake component sticking. Watch you brakes working and see if everything moves smoothly. This will need a buddy to work the brakes and do block the tires while crawling under the rig.
When it is parked for an extended period of time. Take the brakes off. Block the tires. The brake shoes can stick to the drums.

Have fun and be safe

plym49

LOL in the desert in Cali? :cookoo: Just kidding. rofl

But this sounds right. I wouldnt say froze..but stuck maybe. Tis not cold enough in the AV to freeze tonight

Moto, when you were bringing up the RPMs, did it move at all before it let go and spun on the gravel? Did it make a noise at all when it let go? pop or clang?
Everyone's a critic! Obviously I did not mean frozen like ice cream, I meant frozen like the rusty old bolts on a muffler -- or, like when the brake lining return springs are somewhat on strike.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:
The parking brake on Elise's 109 would stick every time we used it, but only if we were trying to back-up. We'd have to run it forward a bit before backing. Finely I spent some time and adjusted the parking brake per the TM . . . it's a lot of adjusting :roll: Now it lets off when she drops the handle.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
:ditto:
The parking brake on Elise's 109 would stick every time we used it, but only if we were trying to back-up. We'd have to run it forward a bit before backing. Finely I spent some time and adjusted the parking brake per the TM . . . it's a lot of adjusting :roll: Now it lets off when she drops the handle.
Must be a California thing...:shock::beer:

91W350

Make sure the return spring on the park brake linkage is not broken. There should a spring there and it is not the best design. My 72 would do it once in a while. The spring was broken on it. Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks