• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

some mules at Little Rock

nickd

In addition to the 3 mules for sale at the National Convention a couple others were on display I took a few pictures. There was an early m274 with a 4 cylinder engine. I also tok some shots of the generator mounting set ups for all to see.

Enjoy!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are some really nice mules! I hope I can afford to get one of those by this winter, it's either now or never with the prices of those things going through the roof....

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey MADDAWG: What do you mean by "now or never with prices going through the roof." Prices are ALREADY through the roof. How much higher could they go? $6K? $7K? $10K? Would someone really pay that much for a mule (...before you say it, I know that Leonard Grove got $6500 for fully reconditioned mules). The "now or never" time came and went about 10 years ago. They used to sell for about $1500 for a 4WS model in good shape. I've had one...and they are cool...but I will never pay $5K+ for such a vehicle. While they are cool, for that money, I'd buy a brand new Honda Foreman. My suggestion...save your money...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, Bruce. I believe $6K for a nice M274 is stupid, but that's the average. I have seen excellent ones with 106mm recce mounts for $15K-$18K and that's even worse! However, I found a couple places with good, running mules for $2500 - $3000 that need a cosmetic resto and a few parts, and while a few years back I would've thought that to be WAY too high for a utility condition mule, I'd be willing to pay that now for one. But not much more than that! ;)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike: $2500-3500 for a good runner that needs cosmetics sounds reasonable. I suppose prices go up, especially for collector vehicles that become more rare. I just can't believe a mule will bring as much money as it does. People willingly pay $5-6K (or more) for a mule, but I bet you'll be hard-pressed to get a guy to pay that for your deuce (when you decide to sell it one day).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's the thing that kills me, Mules selling for more than a Deuce……it's a strange world.

CGarbee

clinto said:
That's the thing that kills me, Mules selling for more than a Deuce……it's a strange world.
Not really IMHO. A Mule can be hauled around on a little utility trailer from Lowes/Northern, etc behind the familly car/truck/SUV. Anyone can drive them. They are easy to work on, don't take a lot of storage space, etc. If you insist on insuring them, they go on your homeowner's policy like any other four wheeler... And they get huge grins from everyone and folks don't have to ask "why would you buy that", they know what they can be used for... :)

I've noticed for years that the smaller stuff tends to go higher per pound than the larger rigs... A jeep is a lot easier for most folks to work on than a duece (and easier to store and less costly to from a wear item/insurance standpoint. It's also easier for most folks to drive. Granted, it's easier for me to get my fingers around the injector pump on my M817 and remove it then it is on my M35 and that's way ahead of my M37 (the one with the Cummins in it), but you get the point...

I've also noticed a price jump every time that somebody does an article on the use of M-Gators, Kawasaki Mules, etc. It seems that when the new stuff is discussed, somebody always references the old Mule, and then they go up.

They also aren't making anymore, and folks are reliving thier younger years (I get a lot of Vietnam vets climbing on the Mule these days...

I stalked Mules for years before I found one that I liked (price and condition)...

Everything is market driven... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks