• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some newbie questions for first time pick up of a 936a2

Hawssie

I just bought 2 936A2s out of Barstow and I am planning the 340 mile trip to retrieve them. One at a time. Anyways the questions I have are in regards to a some parts I want to bring. First one is batteries. I cant find any info on the type or group size or at least dimensions of the 4 12v batteries used (2 in series hooked to 2 in parallel to make 24v). The second question is in regards to the trailer plug. Actually I am not sure whether the 936 models have a rear trailer plug as one manual said it is only on the tractor models but the 939 wiring diagram does not state that it is used or not used on any particular model (as it does on other wiring devices in the diagram). If it is there is it a special military only style or does it cross over to a typical 7 round pin big rig plug. The last one is what length wiper blades does it take as we are supposed to get some rain(finally) and I doubt the ones on there are any good. I apologize if these are easy to find elsewhere but I did look in the various manuals.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The part where it says for tractor models only is referring to a second plug on a tractor that is not at the rear next to the pintle.

Artisan

Why not just get a Medium Towbar and tow one behind the other?
A painfully slow trip but dang! You would have a full compliment of
parts to insure your arrival home!~ One truck might even have a towbar on it.

Gatos Bros may have a tow bar for you too.

Hawssie

I thought of that but I was worried because its only rated to tow 20K and these things weigh around 36k with the wrecker body. Be great if one of the two trucks was basically any other 939 but another 936 as the rest of the models are a lot lighter, except maybe the dump truck version not sure what that weighs. I am going to tow my f250 back with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks