• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some Pics from Iraq

nate_o23

little bob- Have only seen a handful of M35s and none of them were armored. Lots of armored 900s and FMTV/LMTVs though

NEIOWA

My understanding is that DOD policy, for some time, has been that no M35 series are to be deployed to Iraq/Afgan. They are going out of the inventory quickly, lots listed at DRMS.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Waste of Vehicles that were serviceable

Take a look at this picture I snapped in 2006 while looking for a million dollars worth of brand new lithium batteries that I found in the HAZWASTE in Kuwait these dueces where in better condition than mine and the DRMO cut them all up for scrap. Alot of them should have gone to the Iraqis since they are getting most of them when we leave.

By the way the million dollars worth of batteries got to the right place just had to hunt them down since poor planning got them lost in Iraq and shipped to Kuwait where they sent them to the HAZWASTE disposal area and were ready to cut a $50,000 contract to dispose of them. I found them by printing out dozens of pictures of them and riding around Kuwait yards showing them to workers to see if they recogonized them. Did the trick and sent them back to Iraq to go to the Soldiers.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I understand the need for the uparmoured vehicles, but they are some ugly monsters. Of course that does not prevent me from wanting one for my driveway :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks