• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some pictures of my 1008

blacktop

I hope to paint it carc green soon. The lift is a super lift 8 inch, with front and rear springs skyjacker brake lines and super lift shocks (no good). I am using a dropped pitman arm and a superlift 4 in dropped link. I am going to a cross over steering soon. The wheels are H1 8 bolt bead locks with the mag. run flat and radial tires, I am using 2 inch billet spacers. The rear bumper drop is to keep it legal and also has a reciver hitch for towing that also holds the lic plate.
This is a fun truck for sure!

Attachments

Last edited:

blacktop

Looks great! I was getting ready to lift mine, any issues with steering clearance?
I have no steering rub issues at all, even off road. I didnt really want a 8 inch lift but I found a used one for a great price. I am happy with the lift now as I didnt have to do any body cutting.

blacktop

I like the tan but I already have a tan m35 and the tarp is green. Any one have a tan tarp they want to trade for a green one?

niferous

Ah man every vehicle we had in the guard was green with a tan tarp or tan with a green tarp. Why we never changed them you ask??? LAZY SOLDIERS of course!!! :p

cucvcan

This is probably a question that only a government official could answer, but why didn't you need to have a lower front bumper?
Go green.

aboonski

Really a nice truck! I am still procrastinating over the type of lift kit to use for my 12-bolt H1 rims. Another member (BigCASE) recommended a minimum of a 6" lift because of articulation when off-roading. Now I need to check into the best manufacturer for the kit along with the spacers. There's "Rough Country" and "Tough Country" and that's where the confusion sets in. I have also heard that you use 2" spacers on the front and 2 1/2" spacers on the back - why is that? I need to get these wheels on my truck before we have our first big hurricane here in Brevard County Florida. I also wanted to compliment you on the placement of your license plate too! I have mine right over the driver's side blackout light which is not good. Looks like you also have the newest cargo cover as well which is the one I have as well. The velcro on the rear curtain is really a nice feature of that cover.

Prerunner1982

May I suggest a steering box brace as well... May not need it so much on a 1ton, but the extra security doesn't hurt. ORD Chevy GM Steering Box Brace and Bolt-in Frame Repair

They also have crossover steering set ups as well..

Another member (BigCASE) recommended a minimum of a 6" lift because of articulation when off-roading. Now I need to check into the best manufacturer for the kit along with the spacers.
You might also look into a shackle flip...you can get a 4" lift shack flip, and only need 2" lift springs. Makes for a better ride than overly arched lift springs.
ORD Shackle Flip Kit for '67-up fullsize GM Chevy 4x4

ORD has a lot of good stuff for the "square body" Chevy truck....

And no I am not affiliated with them.

steved454

can you tell me more about the bumper bar, I have to hold up the tag everytime a policeman drives by me to keep them from pulling me over. Most cops in my town now know me because of all the crazy stuff I drive around with no tags, out of date inspection stickers!.( ever drive a fire truck into a oil change place and ask them for an inspection sticker!:confused:) Any pics of the bar or how you made it would help greatly. Never thought about doing that way.

raiburn

I had to spliced into my taillight for a license plate light.
Where do I find the factory trailor connector?
I think it has 12 pins.
That is exactly how I wanted to do mine.

blacktop

can you tell me more about the bumper bar, I have to hold up the tag everytime a policeman drives by me to keep them from pulling me over. Most cops in my town now know me because of all the crazy stuff I drive around with no tags, out of date inspection stickers!.( ever drive a fire truck into a oil change place and ask them for an inspection sticker!:confused:) Any pics of the bar or how you made it would help greatly. Never thought about doing that way.

The bumper drop is made from schedule 40 2" id.pipe and the 90 bends on the ends are weld on. I get them at the steel supply by my shop. All the brackets and mounts bolt to the factory holes in the original bumper. I can get some more pictures of how I made it. The plate mount-tag light slide in the reciver and are pinned in. I also put a ant rattle clamp under the reciver. There is no plug to the tag light, I just soldered the bare wire and plug it in to the socket.
Ill get some bumper pics soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks