• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some Random NP205 questions

Skinny

It looks like a zerk fitting...not sure since mine just had a regular bolt.

If you are running your PTO setup, twin sticking will require some fab work or the safety switch to function correctly if you want to retain it. I agree, I would like to have a twin stick set up but I also would rather spend the money on high steer since my tcase lever I can live with, shoddy steering input is starting to get annoying!

If anyone wants here are a few setups for replacment shift rails / shafts.
I just bought a set as my np205 is on the shop floor its not too much of an expence to do it now but to do it later would more expence and more hassle as well. According to my gm dealer the stock shift levers are obsolete but if anyone has access to nos gm parts here is the gm part # 15979223.

http://jb-custom-fabrication.myshopify.com/collections/gm-stainless-steel-twin-stick-shifters

richingalveston

ORD will machine your existing shift levers for you pretty cheap. Just send it to them and they will machine them as long as they are within spec. They sold me new ones since one of mine was messed up.

I have a twin sticked 205. Actually triple stick. I have the ORD magnum box as the doubler. (The ord with 205 is same size as 208 t-case)

The twin stick 205 works great. I found that it makes a little more noise than the normal set up especially if it is clocked up. It may just be my 205 but once it was twin sticked. The synchronizer ring on the front output makes a slight tinging noise.

My t-case is clocked upward as much as possible. The top of the front output is 1/2 from the floor of the truck, you can barely get your hand on top of it. This causes it to run less fluid. I had to purchase a vent can from PSC to keep mine from pushing to much fluid out at high speed and making it louder. I have a vent can for the magnum box and one for the 205.

The faster you go the more fluid you push out the vent. My 205 holds almost exactly 2 quarts and the magnum box holds a half quart. I put a little extra in, and then run the truck up to 75 MPH where it will push out what it needs then maintain from there. Without the vent can catching that last bit and letting it run back to the transfer case, my synchronizer rings get a lot louder since it is getting less oil.

It may just be my 205 but I found it was louder when twin sticked and I recommend the vent cans from PSC. They have roll over check valves in them also (not that I ever plan to use it). As long as you can get the 205 to hold enough oil, it will stay quiet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks