• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some recent pics of my 67' M35a2

67Beast

I took some new pics the other day of my restored M35 that I finished up last Nov. It snowed before I could get some decent pics of it completed. Now that the snow is gone I took some recent pics. Enjoy!

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,
That's one bitchin paint job and over all finish. Not a criticism, but you missed the jerry can on the drivers side. No biggie, but with the rest of the truck lookin SO GREAT, it shows WHERE you came from.

Which I personally like.

Which color OD is that? Mine is a 1963 Kaiser and I'm still trying to decide what color. If solid, which color solid green?

Any input would be appreciated. Again, GREAT JOB DAVE! [thumbzup]

Armada

You sure did a beautiful job Dave. I love the vietnam era look. Did you use the Rick Larson stencils? I just got my dropside bed painted today. I'm restoring it back to the 24087 color too. Hoping to have the rest done within the next month or two. We will have to take them to a show or two this summer. Maybe the one in Clare.

FrankUSMC

Wallew, the jerry can would not have been painted at the truck factory with the truck, so it should not match the truck. When we got new jerry cans, we did not paint them to match our trucks but just put them on. I do agree with you 100% that is a great looking paint job.
One of the few, Frank

67Beast

Thanks guys,

wallew, The truck is painted with Gillespie #24087 green. It's the proper green for 60's era US Army trucks.

Armada, The markings are ones that I made myself. I have been making them for the M715 guys for a couple of years now. I just started making them for the deuce since I bought mine last fall. I decided to make a website that has them for sale http://home.thinkextreme.net/~schwarzd/ Let me know if you would like some to mark your truck. I will definately be at Clare agian this year with both my deuce and 715.

Frank, Thanks for the comments.

67Beast

24087 green is kind of funny. In some light it looks brownish, and in some light it looks more blackish. I really like that about it. Helps it blend into the background colors.

YankeeDuece

Great looking job!

I am also in the process of refinishing my deuce but couldn't decide on a color, until now.

Unlike your truck I was thinking of removing the pioneer tool rack and relocate the spare to the bed in favor of a locking underbody toolbox.

Either way it needs to be complete for the Wings, Wheels and Tracks Show (www.wingswheelsandtracks.com) at the Empire State Aerosciences Museum by the end of May.

Katch1

that is one nice paint job! some day I hope to have mine looking that good. Right now I'm going thriugh all the mechanicals, someday I'll get everything looking that good, nice job!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just out of curiosity, why are the air tanks relocated? Dump conversion?
yes, I think the hydraulic resorvoir or the pump went where the air tanks would normally be

Gatnom

Robert: There is a link under the bottom photo that takes you to photo albums. In the dump conversion album there is a good shot of the tanks and PTO shaft etc. Dave

67Beast

Yep, air tanks were relocated due to the hydralic pump for the dump bed. I'm hoping to modify a spare mount to put it back on the truck in the stock location and moving the air tanks up a little more to where the pioneering rack should be. I bought the truck with the dump mod already done, or I would have built it to keep the spare to start with. The truck was on ebay for a short bit, but I bought it outright when I found it was local to me. The best was that it ended up going well above the price I paid for it on ebay before the guy could cancel the auction. I'm sure he was kicking himself when he saw that.

M35A2

What a fantastic looking truck. I would kill for a truck like that. I've got $11,350 (at todays rate) waiting for the right truck to come along. Unfortunately nearly all the trucks that come up for sale in the UK are about this price.

You are very lucky.

Andy