• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Some welding trucks for your perusal

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice fabrication and the layout is of your tools looks so very organized and accessible , a whole lot of thought went into your planning!! I have 1 question on the hummer welding setup, how does the hummer handle the load I mean from a power standpoint? Most all the hummers I have ever driven struck me as being very gutless and cumbersome. How does your welding version do?

deathrowdave

Man those were the days , spent 35 years in the gas and liquid propane moving industry . Those are some of the nicest best laid out trucks I have ever seen , After 14 or 16 hours of climbing in and out of a bad designed truck , you will understand why , take your time and lay it out for your type of usage. The days of the old 1 ton with a welder thrown in the back are over . Great great idea to repurpose military stuff , best bang for the buck by far . Myself , it has to have a Cummins to work for me . But that’s just me .

Lothar

Sincere thanks for the compliments. I haven't done much work on the truck lately. Just a brush guard and a lightbar up front that I plan to use for support of a roof rack. I already posted these pics on the what have you done to your hmwv lately thread but here they are again. Chucky, I would love to have a 5 ton project someday. Currently, I am attempting to get a bunch of things sold so I can move to South Carolina or somewhere near there. Hope to put up a shop there and get to putting some more trucks together.
Screenshot_20210601-211000_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210601-210917_Gallery.jpg

Lothar

Great looking truck, how does it handle with the extra weight in the back? And how is the acceleration?

Thank you
It appears I am reaching the weight limit as there is currently about 1 inch sag from front to rear but it handles good and with the Duramax, the acceleration is still quite ridiculous.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks