• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Someone Got a New Toy (not me)

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lower price than they usually go for. Let's hope no one hits a bridge with this one!

That broken one just departed my area, but left me a few parts to stick on my other toys. The box was irreparable, so will be scavanged for usable parts and scrapped, the chassis is still good.

Cheers

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lower price than they usually go for. Let's hope no one hits a bridge with this one!

That broken one just departed my area, but left me a few parts to stick on my other toys. The box was irreparable, so will be scavanged for usable parts and scrapped, the chassis is still good.

Cheers
Must be talking about the one that I saw on the auction at GovPlanet a couple years ago where the box looks like it had been tossed in a hurricane!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This one. After hitting the bridge, it went back to GP and got sold again for a lot less than it went for the first time.

Cheers

View attachment 890531
Yep looks like the one that I saw but there wasn't an explanation as to why the box was torqued. Dumbass driver should have measured the height and paid attention to the bridge warnings! I mean he could have at least used the hydraulic system to pull the front down and also air down the tires to pull it to its lowest height! Also he should have put it on an ultra lowboy!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Yep looks like the one that I saw but there wasn't an explanation as to why the box was torqued. Dumbass driver should have measured the height and paid attention to the bridge warnings! I mean he could have at least used the hydraulic system to pull the front down and also air down the tires to pull it to its lowest height! Also he should have put it on an ultra lowboy!
It's really LOW TECH, but a piece of conduit bent at 13'4" or so is what we have used forever.
Real cheap insurance!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's really LOW TECH, but a piece of conduit bent at 13'4" or so is what we have used forever.
Real cheap insurance!
Exactly the m1087 is already pushing it for height at about 12'1"! Add another 3 ft minimum for that trailer...
I mean I already chastised the Belarusian driver who delivered my truck from Wisconsin because he had it hanging off the back instead of instead of the middle or front like he should have20220104_142444.jpg

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exactly the m1087 is already pushing it for height at about 12'1"! Add another 3 ft minimum for that trailer...
I mean I already chastised the Belarusian driver who delivered my truck from Wisconsin because he had it hanging off the back instead of instead of the middle or front like he should haveView attachment 890540
Whats wrong with how hes got it loaded???? The heaviest thing on the trailer is over the axles !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I showed it to several truckers I knew and also consulted information I found online that you should have the heaviest thing up close to the hitch
I wasnt just picking on the statement if i had to move those 3 trucks i would have loaded it just like that plus he had probly already loaded the pick ups earlier and looks like hes roughly 34 35 k of veh on the trailer if he loaded any other way he couldnt put the 2nd pick up on which would have made your haul bill higher ! He filled the trailer up with LTL and still had another 7 tons he could have moved and been under gross and these poor fellas need to maximize every dollar they can with fuel price where they are so long as your truck arrived in tact and on time give the driver a brake hes just doing probably what he was told to do unless he was the owner/operator ! carry on !

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wasnt just picking on the statement if i had to move those 3 trucks i would have loaded it just like that plus he had probly already loaded the pick ups earlier and looks like hes roughly 34 35 k of veh on the trailer if he loaded any other way he couldnt put the 2nd pick up on which would have made your haul bill higher ! He filled the trailer up with LTL and still had another 7 tons he could have moved and been under gross and these poor fellas need to maximize every dollar they can with fuel price where they are so long as your truck arrived in tact and on time give the driver a brake hes just doing probably what he was told to do unless he was the owner/operator ! carry on !
Yeah well this guy was paid enough to do it one way trip to me instead he did drop off and pick up drop off and pick up then went to his home for a while it was two weeks late and getting me my truck! Let's just say if I ever buy something again that needs to be delivered in a similar manner I won't be using him!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks