• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Someone tampered with Sgt York!

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I walked up to my truck today to put some tools in it and I found it while a party was happening at a problem house down the street last night somebody tampered with my oil fill! I have no idea what, if anything they may have poured into it. It wasn't quite due for an oil change yet but I guess it's best to do that now before I drive it again. Obviously not knowing how it worked they yanked it out without unscrewing it to release the pressure on the rubber bung.. Anyone know if there is a lockable solution for this? When I turn it into a camper I may enclose that whole section of filling and checking the fluids in a locked box.
IMG_20230514_144124.jpg

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully they just unscrewed it. Too high to piss in the damn thing. Just jerks. Probably the best to change out the oil and when the pan is empty use a rubber mallet to try to figure if something is loose in there like a coin/coins. Good luck.

Mark

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully they just unscrewed it. Too high to piss in the damn thing. Just jerks. Probably the best to change out the oil and when the pan is empty use a rubber mallet to try to figure if something is loose in there like a coin/coins. Good luck.

Mark
Yeah they didn't even unscrew it they just yanked it out really hard

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could replace them with one that has no handle making it much harder to remove:

Find the right size unit that just has a nut and then you'll be able to really crank it down with a wrench and without tools they will be unable to remove it. Could go even further and make it even more difficult with a castle nut and a hole drilled in the all-thread for a cotter pin.

Also - time to move. Or the house down the street needs to meet a tragic fate........

Last edited:

ToddJK

Might be worth it to install some security cameras and perhaps a sensor light as well or put up some game trail cameras no one would see that covers your vehicles. My dad had some issues with someone coming around trying to steal his quad and they broke into the truck and destroyed the radio trying to pry it out. Dad installed a sensor light with an old lunch bell he got from work. The bell would ring as long as the light was on. We knew when they came around because we woke up more than once to that bell going off after midnight with fresh foot prints in the snow. Dad ended up installing a trail camera once the warm months came around which imo, should have done sooner, but we did get some pictures of some teens who was recognized by the local sheriff, so once they got a visit, the shenanigans ended.

coachgeo

coachgeo

@serpico760

they make several sizes. Just pulled this link to show the product. use's small padlock. Though this is made for test point on wells. Not sure why it would not work for this..... but you might ask them so not to assume.
another one

ramdough

another one

This one looks like a better one. At least the hasp is metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I walked up to my truck today to put some tools in it and I found it while a party was happening at a problem house down the street last night somebody tampered with my oil fill! I have no idea what, if anything they may have poured into it. It wasn't quite due for an oil change yet but I guess it's best to do that now before I drive it again. Obviously not knowing how it worked they yanked it out without unscrewing it to release the pressure on the rubber bung.. Anyone know if there is a lockable solution for this? When I turn it into a camper I may enclose that whole section of filling and checking the fluids in a locked box.
View attachment 897140
Couldnt you just take the plug and drill a hole thru it while its in the tube so you could put a long shank good padlock thru the hole just be sure to stick a rag /plug of some kind to be sure to get all the shavings out of the neck or just remove the neck and drill it on a bench and wash out with brake cleen .

coachgeo

What stop any one with a pair of pliers from just twisting the whole thing out its already slick from oil
if someone is dead set on making the tube be open... there is not much you can do. All these lockable cap kinda things or a locking box they are re-located to sit in are just deterrents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks