• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

something bent.. M1008 rear of truck 2" to driveside

84cucv1ton

i saw this when i was following him. put the truck on a lift. went over every inch.. nothing seems to bent or broke.. any ideas? thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are you measuring this?

I would measure the same place(either side) on the outside of the framerail, to the rim or tire sidewall.

84cucv1ton

i didnt measure it.. when i was following him. his rear left tire and left front tire didnt match up. could see it real easy. its not leaning down..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you do know the front is wider than the rear, right?

ryan77

Take to a body shop they can put it on the rack and tell! There the experts when something is out of wack. I had a E250 van doing that went to a 3 mechanic shops finally took it to a body shop and they put it on the rack or jig whatever it was and found the frame was slightly tweaked causing it to dog walk. They pulled it back to factory specs and its been great for a year.

vinny-socom1

Same as above take it to a GOOD collision center they will have what is called a laser measuring system, its required by all major insurance company's. They might charge you about 2 hrs labor to set up & measure, with this done they can give you a print out of your frame. If theres frame damage it will also let you know where the problem is. They also can do a point to point measurement, this can give you details if your frame is good and you have suspension issues.

If your frame is bent at this time they can pull/square while its on the rack so it would be cheaper than doing it later.

I managed a couple of collision centers before I decided to become a "hitman" for a Insurance company.:)

Vinny

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You do realize that the axle widths are different right? The front end is slightly wider on the solid axle trucks.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did you find was wrong?