• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Something hinky on GL today

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I was watching todays auctions on GL today and when I clicked in on GL Redstone I saw Events that had closed last month. There were three pages showing lots and two of them had the old auctions on them...the other page looked normal.

I got on live chat with Heidi and she logged in on my account and didn't see anything abnormal. She wanted me to send a picture of the screen but I could not manage that

Very curious that this happened during a live auction.

Anybody else have a similar issue????

blybrook

Yep, had it happen to me when I clicked the number of auctions to be shown. If I clicked it a second time, it went back to normal.

Didn't bother to contact them about it, but was able to see the final prices on a few things I was wondering about.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
yesterday I was looking through the lots at redstone and if I tried to see more than 50 items per page it would jump to a page of nothing but closed items that had ended a while back, I figured computer glitch.

ARYankee

Same here. Mine was Arkansas. It showed past auctions from April. I also did not contact GL.
WM there is some free software out there that will enable you to take a screen shot. I know you can also do it when you have the screen pulled up, hit the print screen button on your keyboard. Then open Paint. Hit the Ctrl and V keys at the same time on your keyboard after paint opens up. Your screen shot will be pasted in paint that way you can save it.

Last edited:

RealCavDog

GREAT ! I had that happen late last night when using the item description search under the "6x6" I had typed in !

When I first searched, 89 or so items found on 3 pages, hit on one around page 2, and the page started showing a bunch of closed lots from 4-11/12, something like that, and at the bottom of the page it showed over 9 pages of listings in the hundreds!

When I hit the back button to view the others, it hiccuped a second, took me back to the 3 original current pages, and I tried for a long time to replicate the scenario, and could not do it !

Thought maybe I was having a beer induced flashback !

Something was going on ! , Were we getting access to the GL history, and if so, what other info may pop up ? HMMMMM ?

AMGeneral

Correct me if I am wrong,but EUC required lots require you to bid at least $100 or $150 higher than the last bidder?

Example,

If I got outbid on something at $4500,I would have to bid $4600 or $4650 to outbid the highest bidder?,Or am I thinking wrongly here?

Chief_919

Verrrrrrrrry interesting.

I am still logged on and the old screens are still there.
Hit the "Print Screen" Button, open up MS paint, and clip paste from clipboard- it will post a screenshot of what was on the screen when you hit "print Screen". Save and email to GL.

Stonepicker1

GREAT ! I had that happen late last night when using the item description search under the "6x6" I had typed in !

When I first searched, 89 or so items found on 3 pages, hit on one around page 2, and the page started showing a bunch of closed lots from 4-11/12, something like that, and at the bottom of the page it showed over 9 pages of listings in the hundreds!

When I hit the back button to view the others, it hiccuped a second, took me back to the 3 original current pages, and I tried for a long time to replicate the scenario, and could not do it !

Thought maybe I was having a beer induced flashback !

Something was going on ! , Were we getting access to the GL history, and if so, what other info may pop up ? HMMMMM ?
Same here:ditto::ditto:

kennys@wi.rr.com

Been doing it the last 2 days here. I thought it was just the latest update Microsoft did on me so I even cleared out the computers history and still there they were.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL has been screwed up for at least a week. Anyone notice the auction end dates on the GL ad at the top left of each page? All mine have been stuff that closed in April for some time now. When searching GL by state, I get every other page of closed auctions mixed in with new stuff.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Well....at least I am not nucking futs.

I wonder about stuff like that....especially when it is happening during active auctions.

As far as the bid increments I think it depends on how high the bids go...the higher the bid the more you have to bid to be high bidder.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Correct me if I am wrong,but EUC required lots require you to bid at least $100 or $150 higher than the last bidder?

Example,

If I got outbid on something at $4500,I would have to bid $4600 or $4650 to outbid the highest bidder?,Or am I thinking wrongly here?

Well, it starts at $20 next bid, then jumps to $50 next bid after a certain $amount, then it goes up to $100. etc. I don't know the intervals.