• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Something hinky on GL today

Bighurt

Hit the "Print Screen" Button, open up MS paint, and clip paste from clipboard- it will post a screenshot of what was on the screen when you hit "print Screen". Save and email to GL.
That won't work if you have more than 2 monitors...just an FYI.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well....at least I am not nucking futs.

I wonder about stuff like that....especially when it is happening during active auctions.

As far as the bid increments I think it depends on how high the bids go...the higher the bid the more you have to bid to be high bidder.
No, your still nucking futs, but GL also has a glitch.

rofl

Ripcord01

I was thinking it was odd. I was looking trailers n such and I was like ****, they sold for 300.00 last month and this month they are most over 500.00 crazy.. I think all was confused at GL as well. I wonder if someone was hacking their mainframes. I hope not.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 4 & 9 yr old boys have Karate from 1630 to 1930 every Thursday. Saves me a ton of cash.

3dAngus

I was thinking it was odd. I was looking trailers n such and I was like ****, they sold for 300.00 last month and this month they are most over 500.00 crazy.. I think all was confused at GL as well. I wonder if someone was hacking their mainframes. I hope not.

People who hack into a server would not do it just to put up old auctions.

No one is hacking into their servers. It's just a date glitch for hosting active files on auctions. It won't take much to repair, once they identify the problem.
Evidently, they cannot see it from within.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sightings of GL Auction UFOs are being reported all over the nation ! (UFO = Undesirable Filter Output)

:tin hat:

I personally saw some of these UFOs myself. I didn't call GL, but instead pondered the REWARD if I reported it to the National Inquirer.

I wrote it off at the time as an indication that GL had too much crud in their filters and that if they didn't install new/clean filters soon, some REAL performance degradation could be expected.

IMHO

Bighurt

No, but alt-printscreen probably does. And it saves you cropping the rest of your desktop out of the pic with mspaint no matter what size your desktop and browser are sized to...
Hey that does work....awesome!

Once I went to 3 monitors I lost the ability to print screen, never knew the alt code. Thanks.

I now run 3 20.5" wide screens with dedicated 25" wide for video, with the screen management software I have I can have 9 word documents on screen at once and still read, edit and manage them. Technically if I hooked up the home theater network up to this PC I could add a couple LCD flat screens as large format displays but they would be identical to each other.

Once you go to multiple monitors its impossible to go back...

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can still see a few closed auctions from last october out of hooks. No idea why but its not hurting anything. I too didn't tell GL. I kinda like looking at one from time to time.. :cookoo:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bid increments:
$150-499 = $20
500-999 = $40
1000-2499 = $70
2500-4999 = $100
5000-7499 = $150
7500-9999 = $200
10,000-25,000 = $500

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks