• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sometimes you do what you got to do

800summit

I do it all the time, best thingI do between repacking the bearings is remove the bottom bolt on the Kingpin and drain the water out, until I can service the truck when I get home, whis is 450 miles away.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My pucker factor would have been at max doing those crossings. Cool that someone can do it though.

Rmtaunton

Did you disconnect fan or plow on through , always worried about fan going into radiator in deep water albeit I have never taken mine that deep

800summit

I never had any problems with the fan, since I am always going foreward, which is somewhat blocked by the radiator, I have had the water come over the hood a couple of times, Also I know I should put the bolt in on the bottom of the transmission, but so far so good.

When the water is extreamly deep and is washing the vehicle down river, I keep it in low range a in 2nd gear and point it down river, never racing the motor, just keep a steady foreward throttle. Been doing this for decades and it seems to work with my vehicles

800summit

Usally when it is comming into the cab, your in pretty deep water it will start to wash the front down river, just keep the wheels moving and not spinning, and try to steer down towards the river bank, the worst I have had was last year when I was crossing very deep water and could not get up on the river bank, I had to back up in the river, the water was so high it was comming over the rear tailgate. It is funny when you are backing up in a river and you dont know if you are backing up or spinning your wheels, since the water is moving past you allthe time.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usally when it is comming into the cab, your in pretty deep water it will start to wash the front down river, just keep the wheels moving and not spinning, and try to steer down towards the river bank, the worst I have had was last year when I was crossing very deep water and could not get up on the river bank, I had to back up in the river, the water was so high it was comming over the rear tailgate. It is funny when you are backing up in a river and you dont know if you are backing up or spinning your wheels, since the water is moving past you allthe time.
Wow, just picturing that makes me dizzy.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I now know what it looks like when the fan is turning in still water up to the top of the hood. We had a member hit a big hole and stuck the landing. He left the truck running until he got it pulled out.

Funny watching water boil out both sides (he had covers off).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks