• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SOMVCC 2012 Rally

goodguyzy

SOMVCC 2012 Rally (Oregon)

Oregon, May 31, June 1,2,3 - 7th Annual Rendezvous on the Rogue. Indian Mary County Park. Merlin, OR (Merlin-Galice Rd. 10 miles west of I-5 Exit #61). Hosted by Southern Oregon Military Vehicle Collectors Club (SOMVCC) chapter of the MVPA.

° Thursday Night - Set up & settle in with your own eating arrangements.
° Friday Morning- SOS with the Desert Raiders (donations accepted)
° Friday & Saturday no host activities: Pick your own activity from this list:
Convoy to local vineyards and visit an automobile memorabilia display, **** Gate Jet Boat Tours on the Rogue, raft, kayak, or fish the Rogue River, Shop in Old Town Grants Pass, Convoy on back roads and eat breakfast, lunch or dinner at the Galice Resort or Wolf Creek Inn, visit historic Golden, OR ghost town, photo ops at Sunny Valley covered wooden bridge, Applegate Trail Interpretive Center or just hang out at Indian Mary Park with your friends and share your love of OD vehicles.
° Saturday Night- Rick’s BBQ Chicken Dinner and after dinner Raffle (donations accepted).
° Sunday- Pack up and leave if you like.

Note: Only scheduled meals are Friday Morning and Saturday evening.

Contact: Bob Jacobsen 541-878-1445 or bobjake@embarqmail.com
Park Reservations: 800-452-5687 or http://www.co.josephine.or.us sites 54-76 or 89-92

On a personal note: This is mostly a WWII/Vietnam era display, however I'm hoping to mix that up a little bit more this year with more SS members attending. Last year was great learning and talking about the older vehicales, now I want a M38:). For park reservations google Indian Mary park, Im not sure if that link is a good one, and remember its sites 54-76 or 89-92. I hope that enough SS members will attend to add another section this year. In closing you do not have to be a member to attend, however if anyone is not a member and attends this year will receive a free one year membership. Possible parade scheduled for Saturday.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks