• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soni Honegger's custom HET / M920 hybrid

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know Soni's fantastic builds have been featured here before, but I found some pictures on fourwheeler.com that weren't shared here yet. It's a great build for those who love large MVs...

It started out life as a M920 tractor, he put an S-250 shelter on the back for a sleeper unit, and added a custom-built HET grille, along with dozens of other modifications, and viola! He uses this to tow his custom-built Scorpion offroad buggy, and camper trailer.

Take a look-see!

Attachments

Reactions: 98G

kbush

Soni is a very smart man. I know him through the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad which he is an engineer for and also now Manages.

KsM715

WOW Maddawg I was just searching for that truck the other day!! I knew I had seen "some sort of big military truck" with a shelter on the back. This was before I knew anything about MV's and SS. I cant believe you posted that. :-D Im sitting in Norman right now waiting to pick up my M818 tomorrow and I have an S250 at home, hhmmmmm Too bad the 818 isnt long enough

area52

I actually saw that thing a few months ago here in Farmington NM. I was in a hurry to get to work so I couldn't stop and drool over it. He lives not that far from here.

Militoy

Soni has definitely put together some awesome rigs! I haven't heard for certain yet, but I suspect Soni will be joining Preferred Chassis on the rocks again this year at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. 5 Scorpions showed up last year - but I had to leave early in the morning the day after Soni arrived - so I didn't really get a chance to ogle his truck. Maybe I can get a few close-up shots if he brings it next week. (Photo is from last year at Moab - Soni's Scorpion at left)

Attachments

Militoy

Here's a file shot of Soni's truck from our website:

I understand that the truck can be a little bit tough to bobtail, since he's re-powered with a Cummins Signature 600 engine, with 600 HP. Because of the increase in HP over the OEM engine, he swapped in a Fuller Road Rambler transmission - in place of the stock Cat Power Shift.

Attachments

Last edited: