• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soon to be a new FLU419 owner (maybe)

peakbagger

The heater on mine was not that powerful but once the engine is running, there is plenty of heat radiating from the footbox and engine. SEEs also have electrically heated windshields.

coffeehouseforge

Well I am now the proud owner of a SEE... Hour meter says 85? With 3200 miles. That seems off, but the unit is very clean with little to no rust on frame and none on cab.
Ended up picking it up with a bunch of extras such as filters, hydraulic cylinder seals, ALL the printed manuals, to include the unimog one's for $26k. For Alaska pricing that is equal to a used skid steer.
I will be picking brains from this group in the near future.
(Pictures to follow)

peakbagger

Congrats on making the plunge. I find that going through the walkaround inspection and greasing procedure in the operators manual a very valuable way of getting to know the Mog. All the grease fittings are there but some are not easy to find especially the one on top of the transmission that has to be accessed from behind the cab with the backhoe in the deployed position so you can get in there.

Somewhere in the long thread is a post by myself regarding info on draining and lubricating the differential lock cylinders. I do not think this is even described in the manuals but very important. Its a 10 minute job but if the lock pistons seize up it means darn close to disassembling the axles to install $20 of seals. On my SEE and several others, the drain plugs are painted over with that darn CARC paint. Definitely a screw up on for whomever prepared the manuals.

coffeehouseforge

I will try to find your post on the differential lock cylinders. The unit also can with the jackhammer and rock drill plus their tools, the cab tilt brackets, seal kits for rams, a complete set of new belts and did I mention the two Mercedes-Benz manuals..

Attachments

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations on buying the SEE. I just bought one myself a couple of weeks ago. Like you, mine came with the hydraulic tools as well, although I haven't tried them out. One thing I did was purchase a print copy of the Case Parts Catalog for the 35C backhoe on Ebay for $10.00. This has been very valuable when working on the backhoe. It sounds like you got a good one.

coffeehouseforge

Congratulations on buying the SEE. I just bought one myself a couple of weeks ago. Like you, mine came with the hydraulic tools as well, although I haven't tried them out. One thing I did was purchase a print copy of the Case Parts Catalog for the 35C backhoe on Ebay for $10.00. This has been very valuable when working on the backhoe. It sounds like you got a good one.
Congratulations on yours as well.
So far it just seems to be the swing rams need new seals, but PO included them with SEE.
I had it dropped abut 25 miles from the house and drove it the rest of the way in. Averaged 50mph, used no noticeable fuel usage at all and the bounce was not to bad. There was swaying if I went into a corner to roughly, but once I figures it out, the drive was not bad.
Best of luck with yours, be sure and throw a few pics up when you get time

Speedwoble

I will try to find your post on the differential lock cylinders. The unit also can with the jackhammer and rock drill plus their tools, the cab tilt brackets, seal kits for rams, a complete set of new belts and did I mention the two Mercedes-Benz manuals..
Those manuals are a good reference, but the FLU’s are a unique beast, with the air shifted 16speed transmission in the old round headlight cab. Double check critical torque values with the military manuals.

I was looking on the Case online parts catalog and there are small differences between their 35C and the M35C we have. Namely the seat structure. I also have photos during the prototype testing showing that the dipper is modified from the 35C to provide more angle. Will it matter? Probably not. But it is worthwhile to cross check part numbers with the military parts manual, which is Free in PDF format.

peakbagger

FYI, my unit also came with the jackhammer and the drill (no chainsaw :( ) , the jack hammer is nitrogen charged in order to get the "bounce" I have not used mine but have heard that they can loose that charge. There is a special charging tool and gauge kit that needs to be used to recharge it and even measure what the charge is. To date I havent seen anyone online actually messing with recharging the jackhammer but if its not working correctly when you try it that could be the issue

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine came with the chainsaw as well. Actually, I haven't even removed the hydraulic tools from the compartments. I've been too busy with other issues. The jackhammer looks almost new. The chainsaw and drill look used but in good shape.

Mep803a

You can add a splitter valve into the rear hydraulics to be able to run any skid steer attachment on the front. Add the skid steer plate to the front arms and you can roam around with a hydraulic bushhog cutting trees 6ft in the air. And any other attachment you can think of.

There are several hydraulic welders available to run off the rear or front hydraulic pump as well.

Much more purposes than a 310/580 backhoe or a skid steer really
Can you expand a bit more on the splitter valve? I would like to attach a bush hog attachment on mine.
Thank you!
817-966-6969

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks