• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soon to be M1165A1 owner here

M1165A1

Thanks for having me into the forum, which I’ve been reading for a few months now and joined.

I have an M1165A1 HMMWV inbound from govplanet and am filled with questions which I can’t wait to get some wisdom on.

This is my first .mil vehicle . . . but likely not my last.

(And preview, I bought the HMMWV because I have an M240D that I will be mounting in a roof turret at some point down the road . . . )

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and good luck with it. Other new owners have posted pics of their new trucks so us grumpy ones can pee in their cheerios as they say. Hope yours cranks and runs.

M1165A1

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Welcome from Missouri M1165A1! :goodjob:

Thanks for checking in and posting some pic's of your acquisition. :beer:

Get some extra tires and rims and assorted parts for them, that way you are always ready for a flat. :gimp2:

Check in to your State laws as some States frown((( on certain accessories. :driver:

Enjoy hours of reading manuals, TM's, and search for threads about potential issues before they happen. The Detroit when properly maintained will give years of trouble free service.

Be Patient :clinto::naner::carnac::wreckerman893::tank::driver:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for having me into the forum, which I’ve been reading for a few months now and joined.

I have an M1165A1 HMMWV inbound from govplanet and am filled with questions which I can’t wait to get some wisdom on.

This is my first .mil vehicle . . . but likely not my last.

(And preview, I bought the HMMWV because I have an M240D that I will be mounting in a roof turret at some point down the road . . . )
The wisdom you seek is from those that did read and understand the TM's

Caactus

Congratulations on your purchase. Looks like you grabbed yours a week after I hooked mine. I posted my “progress” on the EUC link a couple days ago. And now the waiting begins. Shoot me a message when your EUC clears. We’ll compare wait times.
Cheers-
Caactus

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks