• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Soon to co-owner M-109A1

Greasy

I will soon be a co-owner of a slightly used 1965 M-109A1. This is a picture of me driving her out of the SCRAP YARD! Two new batteries, check fluids, air up tires and I had a key that fit (no push button)! With in an hour we were our way home :grin:.

Greasy

I've read about Camp dirtbag, has it already passed? Looks like a blast. My friend Marc, has a LARGE collection of military vehicles. I just posted a picture of his M-211 on the old duce.

monkeythumbs

Looked at your picture and was wondering how bad is the damage on the passenger side? Just the fender and turn signal or more? Curious as to what the scrap price was for it also.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've read about Camp dirtbag, has it already passed? Looks like a blast. My friend Marc, has a LARGE collection of military vehicles. I just posted a picture of his M-211 on the old duce.
Camp Dirtbag is coming up soon (look for the thread) Nov 6-7 and a few getting there a few days earlier as well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A1? So is your truck the 427 or 465 multifuel?

stampy

Welcome to the 109 club! Now go by the local camper shop and buy a tube of the roof sealant caulk(non running type) and seal that box (all of mine had small leaks) trust me it will save you hassle in the long run.:smile:

hole

Congrats! As Bad-Carp stated already, you're more than welcome to join us at Camp Dirtbag Nov 6/7th! Have fun with your new toy :beer:

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We may all have to do a 109 road trip some time 8) Now that there is a collection in SOCal

Greasy

Update,
While cleaning out the cab, I re-read the data tag. While alittle hard to read, its a M-109A3! WO/W but has PTO, shifter, lock out plate, floor tag and it works!. The front bumper had what lookes like u-bolts welded to the front bumper, like foot steps. Both have been cut off flush with the top, not the bottom, like the bumper had been flipped over. Is this normal? Would a M-109A3 w/w look funny? Seems like I'm half way there.

The engine data tag has been painted over several times. The best I can make out it says, Hercules Motor?. Its a multi fuel W/O turbo. 126hp is not too bad. Have not driven up many long hills yet :|. Still a blast to drive! I dig the loud noise and smoke.

The more I work on her, the better condition I find. You just have to look through the dust, dirt and cobwebs :grin:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks