• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sooooooo.... starting, running and stopping now...

kooldadd

Well, POOP!!

Drove around the block and noticed the oil pressure was around 10 at idle when I stopped. Looked under truck and oil everywhere. Checked the dipstick. .. no bueno!

How hard is front seal to change?

Jeepsinker

Not the front seal, probably the injector pump oil feed line. Fill it with oil, wash it off, then have someone else crank it while you watch to see where it is coming from. Front seals don't just sh!t the bed all of a sudden, but oil lines do. The fan takes that oil and spreads it everywhere.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're probably right, I didn't think about that line. I just changed my injector pump, the oil feed line looked real good. No cracks or anything.

Jeepsinker

A lot of people carry 5 gal of extra oil in a deuce. Just do yourself a favor and clean it up, then fire it up and see where the leak really is first instead of doing work you don't need to do. Most multifuel engines leak a little from the front seal, but they rarely leak badly. Oil lines are a common problem though.

Just check first, it won't take that much time or effort. If you pull all that crap off and change that seal and it still pours oil, then you find out it was something else, you'll be pissed. Believe me, I know these trucks well.