• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sorda new guy... yep a newbie.

erixun

This is my first post and thread on this forum, even though I have been a member since 09'. I finally got the wife to let me join the ranks and I am now the proud owner of a 1984 M923. I won the truck in the Barstow auction that had all the really nice M936's. I drove down last week and recovered my truck with no major issues, but it was hot coming back through Baker CA! Also want to thank markmontana for his time and advice!

DSCF3198.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE I finally got the wife to let me join the ranks and I am now the proud owner of a 1984 M923. [/QUOTE]

Glad to see another truck on the road, I had to chuckle on the wife comment. I have done many interstate recovery's, I have enjoyed every one because with the head set on you cant hear the wife/gf/significant other..lol.

Thanks for the pics looks like you got a clean truck out of the deal..!2cents

erixun

hwcurtice- I wish I could add A/C!

Tow4- That is basically how it happened... I got the "fine", which we all know means: "if you do it will be h#@& to pay", so I jumped with both feet and did it anyway. (I blamed it on my brother as well, since he got a M925 as well!)

islandguydon- the wife didn't come down on the recovery, but when I got him home she did say lets go out to eat, so we hopped in the 5-ton and went to Texas roadhouse..... she grinned and had fun, but won't admit it!

gunboy1656

My wife love riding either in my truck or the car behind it cause she loves to see peoples reactions to it.

She was getting tired of going to parades, until she got to ride in one and see the crowd reactions.

Great looking truck,might have to upgrade to one.....someday.

erixun

Speaking of peoples reactions.... I have been in that game for a couple of years prior to getting my M923. I also have a Japanese mini truck, 100dollarman can probably appreciate this... "Dr. Evil and mini me"

DSCF3286.jpg

DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg

erixun

another newbie soon....

We our on our way down to Barstow to recover my brothers' M925 :jumpin:, only this time he gets to drive in the heat, and I will be in the chase car!!!! So another newbie will be here shortly!

erixun

Taking pics along the way, but we just missed taking one of M915 that was on a flatbed going north bound I-15 just north of Overton Nevada..... who got that one? Paint looked good going by at 75MPH.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks