• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sorry to report, scrapping the Oshkosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
After allot of soul searching, head scratching, begging and wearing out my welcome with IMP, the time has come to send the Oshkosh WT 2206 to the yard, scrap yard. I guess all that could be done from a distance is done. The motor has yet to be freed up, the time has come for this noble beast to move on, I wish it were not so:(

Ridgerunner

the time has come to send the Oshkosh WT 2206 to the yard, scrap yard.
If you're going to just scrap the Oshkosh and have it crushed, why would you not offer it up to fellow SS members for scrap price first? You would get the same price for it either way, but would get the satisfaction of having a MV live on another day and at the same time an SS member would get a good deal. Makes no sense....

Last edited:
If you're going to just scrap the Oshkosh and have it crushed, why would you not offer it up to fellow SS members for scrap price first? You would get the same price for it either way, but would get the satisfaction of having a MV live on another day and at the same time an SS member would get a good deal. Makes no sense....
I have posted in another thread to that very question, I've done so without trying to create a want ad or fall-out. It should go without saying at this point in time, any number of outcomes are on the table, the first, scrapping, the second selling to a local or maybe a fellow SS member. All just needs to be concluded.

Idaho Motor Pool is where it is at. Alex is the guy who owns the IMP, he is the one who has had it since November, the thread that is started on here that has pictures and info is, "Oshkosh Snow plow W/ frozen motor"

Last edited:
Thanks for the understanding words guys. Once I got my head around the obsticales the decision to scrap seemed like the best for me and for Alex. Of course I wish I could just keep writing checks to get the truck right. And yes my first choice was to find her a home with a Fellow member, this is always not as timely and easy as said, some of you might understand. Selling it for scrap take all the obvious Murphies friends out of the deal, it's kinda like hitting the easy button. In the big picture of things this choice seems pretty clean.
I've returned some of the pm's I have received, parts wanted need to workout with Alex's timing and the quick timing of the trucks finel road trip. Should be wrapped up this week, haven't heard from Alex the actual day he tows it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks