• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sound deadening and custom interior install project

phemer

This really belongs in the HMMWV modification/ customization forum.
I have no power to move it but I would have thought a moderator would have by now.
I dig your enthusiasm but it's really not for the stock HMMWV forum.
BH
Noted and appreciated! I'll get this started over there and request a delete or a move.

Gamble

I love the enthusiasm and the thread. As I also have the m1045a2 I'd like to know more as to what you did with the turret and what components you used.

phemer

I love the enthusiasm and the thread. As I also have the m1045a2 I'd like to know more as to what you did with the turret and what components you used.
Haven't done anything w/ the turret yet. I plan on devising a way to more effectively seal it from rain - BUT - I live in AZ... so not a daily issue. I had a change of direction as far as insulation goes. For the flat sections of roof, I will cut-to-fit segments of foam-board-insulation (from home depot, used for home insulation), and secure in place w/ plasticized project board segments bolted in using existing roof bolts.

The Hmmwv is still sitting in driveway, interior stripped and prepped for sound deadening... retrospect being 20/20, should have timed the project to avoid the 115 day highs... So have put a pin in it this last month. Chipping away at little stuff, but the spray will have to wait.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks