• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sound proofing the Cab of my M1028A1

chesapeake

My old floor mat and padding needed replacing. I tore it all out and I am going to clean the floor of the cab and primer it. I also thought about throughing down a layer of the Rust-O-Leum bedliner just to help protect against rust. It is pretty clean with just minor surface rust.

I have searched on here to see what ya'll use for sound proofing and shielding from heat (man it got loud and hot over the summer). Basically I have seen Dynamat and roll on bedliners. I was interested in putting down a mat and then covering it with the rubber mats. I am really open to anything except carpet.

Thanks

Ted

tim292stro

Take a look at DynaPad - different product from Dynamat, but has a Vinyl floor surface on the top. I used it in my Toyota with good results (did the firewall, floor, and rear wall).

This product is a multi layer item - a soft layer of closed-cell insulation, a layer of loaded mass (like dynamat), then another layer of soft closed-cell foam, then the hard cover surface (still flexible). It doesn't have a sticky surface like Dynamat or Dynaliner (the simple closed-cell foam product), so if you put it on a wall you want to get a 3M contact adhesive or Barge Cement.

Last edited:

GFB

I have heard of guys having good luck with protectoseal type butyl rubber window sealer. I think it's similar to what the original dynomat was.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks