• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sound systems in your 5 tons? Subwoofers?

74M35A2

10" Bazooka tube, under seat. Not connected yet. Dropped down to two group 31 batts to do so. Coolant heater also moving to under seat, with 30k fuel fired heater in its place underhood, 60k fuel fired for bed. 2011 Grand Cherokee Garmin GPS Sat/Nav HDD radio, Alpine EQ, Alpine 5 channel amp. All sitting in boxes in the garage, awaiting their turn. I really enjoyed a quality tune box in my vehicles as a teen, always had fully rounded system, not just subwoofers. It sounded like Cinderella was playing in the back seat with what Rockford Fosgate Punch series amps could do back then before they were sold @ big box stores. Went through an alternator every 8 months on my EXP. I'm old now, but miss it.

Ibexe666

i understand what you mean by loving a fully rounded system. I enjoy them but im more of the ground pounder type system lover i originally was thinking of 2 18s but decided it wasnt worth the waste of space now im just debating on how much ground pounding 3 nightshade v3 12s would do in a m923a2

grendel

I do big systems in most of my show cars... McIntosh amps, custom mixed drivers, real tuning along with Mosconi sound processors. I plan to do one in my Bobber. Everything I do is well rounded, has to be balanced sound.

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do big systems in most of my show cars... McIntosh amps, custom mixed drivers, real tuning along with Mosconi sound processors. I plan to do one in my Bobber. Everything I do is well rounded, has to be balanced sound.
I loved the McIntosh amps back in my IASCA days. Have a shipping container full of JL, subs and amps from the various vehicles over the years. Loved my Xtant 1001.

My biggest concern with doing ANY audio worth anything in the 5-ton is leaks. water/air/tranny fluid... you name it. No matter how often I try to clean the thing, it ALWAYS seems to get into a sloppy mess.

71DeuceAK

Interesting thread! I've thought about putting some sort of a stereo in my 5 ton once I get one. Not a subwoofer type guy but I'm more of the quadraphonic sound type I guess.

sandcobra164

I put a "Monster Rockin Roller 2" in mine and Bluetooth it to my phone. It doesn't stay in the truck when parked at home but it does a pretty good job. Mine is a louder A1 with the 14 liter 250 Cummins and I can hear it just fine over that. Certainly not pounding bass like a pair of 12's in a hatchback but loud enough to get frowned at when jamming out rolling in a Parade.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Interesting thread! I've thought about putting some sort of a stereo in my 5 ton once I get one. Not a subwoofer type guy but I'm more of the quadraphonic sound type I guess.
Thats like saying records sound better! Hahaha

You either have a full range stereo or you don't.

71DeuceAK

:funny: Now I'm trying to imagine being stuck next to an M939 at a traffic light that's pouring the bass like most compact cars owned by <20 year olds. rofl

74M35A2

The good ol days, we once did an Astro van with 56 speakers off a Rockford Fosgate Punch 45! Over 130db.
This is where it is at! You can weld with old school Punch series dsm amps. Were stable to less than 1 Ohm, THD < 0.05%, and a Punch 60 or higher could turn a voice coil bobbin into liquid. They are still the only amps I buy and use. Very under-rated provided for a lot of fun. Now, where is my Ice-T tape?

Last edited:

Shark Bait

This is where it is at! You can weld with old school Punch series dsm amps. Were stable to less than 1 Ohm, THD < 0.05%, and a Punch 60 or higher could turn a voice coil bobbin into liquid. They are still the only amps I buy and use. Very under-rated provided for a lot of fun. Now, where is my Ice-T tape?
Rockford back in the day had RTTI-Rockford Technical Training Institute and RSTI- Rockford Sales Training Institute, man the stuff we learned. Those things were solid! I still have a 45, 75, 40 and 200, as well as 6 brand new sealed in the box Rockford amps. And MB Quart subs and components. Man I may need to do a system now! Lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks