• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for 1A08 parts?

Hi, I'm looking for a source for some 1A08 parts, preferably NOS.
Stuff that Satern Surplus no longer has, even though they might still
list it.......specifically spark plug wires and maybe carbs and some other
small parts.

I have maybe a half dozen of these engines, mostly on air compressors, that
I am playing with. Would like to have some spares and need a part here and there.

thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not too many 1A08 users here. 2A016 shares many parts and even 4A032 stuff. Other than Saturn, Army Surplus Whse has had some parts floating about. FLMV might be worth a try too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheelbarrow compressor is about the only place I've seen them used. I think there was a 500 watt genset with one as well.

I have a 250,000 BTU heater which has one as well......They are pretty neat little engines which seem pretty overbuilt.
Thanks for your reply

I've been collecting air compressors and gen sets and thinking about maybe doing a book or resource on them.....

UPS just dropped off a NOS 1A08-4 engine. Looks brand new with all the tags and plugs still on it. Even has the original military
paperwork. I found it on craigslist out of state and the owner was nice enough to box it up and ship it to me.
It was built in Nov 1986 and has the electronic ignition. This seems to be a fairly late model.

Does anyone know when they stopped building these engines? Late 1980s or did they go into the 1990s?
Thanks!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks