• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

?? Source for 800 series throwout bearing

70deuce

Anyone have a good source for a throwout bearing for an M818?? Mine went out luckily only 4 miles from my house and even luckier a fellow club member's truck was at my house WITH a towbar in its bed. No pics of the tow. It looks like the the throwout bearing collapsed into itself. I slowly lost clutch pedal resistance until it went to the floor. The picture shows what I found in the trans bellhousing. Doesn't appear that any other damage was done. Will take pics when that pain in the butt job starts.

Attachments

m139h2otruck

OD Iron or Memphis both have new. Strongly suggest that you look at the fingers of the pressure plate also, as these would take most of the abuse if the bearing failed. We changed out the whole clutch when the throwout bearing started to go in our truck. Can do it through the cab with an engine crane.

Pappa-G

Mine took a shat also. Your access panel scrap looks like what I pulled out of mine. I'm waiting for warmer weather before I repair it though. Eastern surplus has them in I think the $70 price range.
Have fun!