• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for altenators

455SD

Well, I figured out my battery problem. :D

Can alternators be bought at the auto parts store or are the special like everything else seems to be? If so, what exactly do you ask for? Clerks at O'rielly's are easy to confuse.

Water pump started leaking today also. I am hating my truck right now.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes, you can find them on eBay. Check the dealers, too. You could luck out at a regular auto parts store, but don't count on it. The ground has to be isolated, unless your're going to put your good alternator on the rear battery (passenger side) and the new one (if it does not have ground isolation) on the front battery (driver's side).

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont evn try it at a normal "chain type"autoparts store..... trust me.. They are clueless.. go to a good old "mom and pop" store there are guys there that have been doing this sort of thing for YEARS........ Explain the Isolated Ground thing. if they understand, your good. if not, keep looking..

ida34

It might be easier to get yours rebuilt by a quality mom and pop motor service if you have one locally.

m35a2cowner

Alternator

Might find you local heavy equipment repair shop and ask where they have their alternators repaired. Usually better to have yours repaired by qualified repair technician rather than high school kid swapping parts from cleaned up junk yard units. Also has benefit of putting some face time in with someone who can bail your AXX out when that disaster (always happens with our toys) happens at a time when everyone else is closed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks