• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for Electric fuel PUMP for MEP-802 & 3

bohunk

Hey gang I just received my 1999 803A and it arrived with a dead main fuel pump. Couldn't find a local source for the Facet 40193 and was too impatient to wait for one. Called around to my auto parts buddies and one suggested a Spectra pump. I looked at the picture and said "Yes"... go it from the warehouse in about 2 hours and it works perfectly! AND... it is only $37.89 really beats the **** out of $242.00 for the Facet. Oh... go the Spectra from Car Quest.

I also have two 802A gensets, model year 2007 and guess what? The pumps in those are ALMOST identical to the Spectra SP1174. Only difference I can spot is there are two mounting tabs on the originals and the 1174 has a bracket that wraps around the fuel pump body and has one tab. The generator doesn't seem to mind as it starts and runs perfectly. I just cut off the male end of the Facet and soldered and shrunk wrapped the connections so I could keep the quick disconnect plug end to aid with future trouble shooting.

Hope this will help others.

ETN550

Check out the big auction site for 24 volt pumps. There are several pretty cheap. On the 802a and 803A those pumps just push the fuel in a circle so the exact flow or pressure rating is not a big deal. Just get one that has that cube shape with the right connections and it should work fine. The main pump and aux pump are the same so they can be interchanged if needed to get things going if needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks