• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

source for m35a3 valve stem grommets

HFDm715

went to install the new michelins on our FD m35a3 and the valve stem grommets are leaking, does anyone have a source for them? we have an account with memphis since we have been buying parts for our m715 and m37 from them for years, but figured i would reach out to see where everyone on the board has found them, looked on the TNJ murray sight but didnt see them.

Thanks

Duane

Rustygears

Erik stocks all those unique to A3 wheel parts, but they're not cheap. Look on his site. That valve stem is pricey and not easily fabricated. Is it possible to repair your present one? I'm assuming you are actually referring to the 3/8 pipe assembly that fits into the center of the rim to fill the tire.

HFDm715

only the grommets are bad, they are dry rotted, amd bolt to the inner part of the rim with a nut on the back, after looking at old posts, i should have gotten them before changing the tire, because others have had the same problem, looks to be one of the main problems why the tires go flat according to posts.

Rustygears

Yup, sorry I saw valve stem but without my glasses missed the grommet :).

Anyone breaking down an A3 rim without replacing the grommets is really looking for Murphy!

Look at the other posts and make sure you grease it up real good with sil-glyde cream. Same goes for the o ring.

Have fun!