• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for New Old Stock Plastic Battery Boxes

Lex_Ordo

So if anyone knows of a place to buy them, that would be helpful.
I have one now that came on my truck, but I am looking to replace with NOS. Because I restored my truck to Show condition, the Box should look the part too.
I did a search on the manufacturer, CAGE 0WUR2 which comes back to Mobile Power Technologies Inc., Sothfield, MI
Unfortunately, when I try the number it is no longer in service. I'm sure there were other contractors. If anyone checks their boxes, please chime in with the Mfr code on the side of your box. We should be able to find trhe other contractors this way.

papercu

The one for the M35A2 is from:
Lanzen Fabricating Inc
30980 Groesbeck Hwy
Roseville, MI 48066-1511
Phone 586-771-7070
Wayne

Lex_Ordo

Well that is a no-go!
They said, "Gov't Only, we won't make just one." Apparently, they don't stock the boxes, and only make them with a Gov't contract purchase order.

Anyone else with a lead on NOS for the 2 1/2 & 5 Ton trucks?
The NSN is 6160-01-378-0683

papercu

The only other supplier I have is AM General but they seem to be about 1800.00 vs 75.00 for the Lanzen ones, maybe theirs is a kit? Wayne

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call Memphis Equipment (901-774-0600)...ask for Roy in parts. They are pricey, but they have everything if you can't find it elsewhere. I used to have them on speed dial for those parts I could not find anywhere else. I can't remember what I was quoted, but I seem to remember something like $175...at least when I last asked several years ago.

Lex_Ordo

CSI?
Do you have contact info?
I spoke with Memphis, and they only have used right now. Seems that Lanzen, is the only Contractor to make these boxes, and since the 900 series are not using them, If they don't produce more, What's out there will be it!
Memphis tried to have them made new by Lanzen, and they got such a ridiculous price to manufacture and ship, that it wouldn't be worht trying to sell them. No one would buy, so I guess, I will have to stay with waht I have.
At least it isn't that bad. I just wanted new, but mine certainly will work with a show truck,

hndrsonj, let me know about CSI.

XM 2742

I am not familiar with the battery boxes but I am familiar with plastics manufacturing

Talk with those people and see if they will overrun the next order......it will avoid set up fees etc.................heck buy a 100 lot overrun and make a buck. Just an idea

Lex_Ordo

Good Call! Worked out well. They had two left, New from Lanzen. The kit came with everything, boxed and packaged nicely. Expensive, but trust me when I say this, worth every penny! If you can find them used, BUY THEM!
There are no more contracts for these boxes, because there is nothing left in the US Vehicle Inventory that uses them.
CSI happens to buy them in large quantities because they are a Gov't Re-builder and the manufacturer will sell to them. Other than CSI, No one else carries them. I looked for three days with multiple phone calls.

The Pull handles did require a better paint job, but it was complete, and was exactly what I needed to finish the restoration. I am Re-spraying all the hardware so there won't be a rust issue, and it makes things look neat and clean.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks