• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for Optimas

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are any of the vendors on SS distributors for Optima batteries? I am ready to purchase and wanted to support our partners if possible.

Yeah i wish i would have bought a couple of marine batteries i think they would weather the abuse the 24 volt system on the 6.2 is capable of dishing out optimas are decent cuase u can mount them anyway and they wont spill anything try that with a regular battery

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one that spend 3 days under saltwater in a Navy boat. It's 11 years old and still fires anything I put it in right up.

Find a battery warehouse and as for blemished batteries. It's a long shot, the place near me has gotten so popular that you can hardly get them. I paid $60 each for several a few years ago, still going strong.

CW3Topher

I have two that have lasted in our drag cars for over 6 years. This is without a good charging system (it's hard to get a charge running an eighth mile at time) and lots of time on a charger. The batteries get a lot of abuse each run, starting, electric water pump, fan, fuel pump, MSD ignition, delay box, trans brake, and tail light.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after checking pricing and availability, I purchased my Optimas from Amazon, of all places. Bought the D34/78 Yellow top for the front and D31M Blue Marine for the rear. The D34/78 has the top SAE posts as well as the side GM threaded posts for easy conectivity of winch, etc. I will post photos when I get them installed.

scottodog

Tractor supply has 31 series industrial tractor batteries 1050 cca that fit the hold downs perfect for 89 bucks.