• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for Sliding Window Felt

Tackettr

I have searched on here, the internet, and all local parts stores with no luck.

I need the felt that goes around the sliding window on a rear hardtop. It's for an M925 but I think they are the same on all M series. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Tackettr

Neither one had anything close (McMaster-Carr & Grainger) The closest thing I've found online is "CLR 7/16" x 3/8" Flexible Universal Glass Run Channel. However it is only sold in 100 & 500 foot rolls. The 100 ft roll is $185!!!!

Still searching for a better/cheaper solution.

Attachments

liftman

Try CR Laurence Co. They are a huge glazing supply company. They may only sell wholesale, but they can probably point you to a local dealer where you can buy smaller lengths.

Last edited:

Tackettr

They appear to be the only ones who make it. That is where I found it for $187 for 100 feet. Note the "CRL" in the item description. I can't believe I'm blazing the trail on this? Surely someone has found a cheaper solution or a good substitute?

I have bought channel felt for my m211 and 5 ton from (Steel rubber .com ) you just have to match up what you have to what they have . they will have every thing you need.

Tackettr

Update: I still have not found a goos solution to replacing the window run felt on a rear sliding window. I can get a 100 ft roll of it for $180 but can also get a good takeout window for about the same price. Has anyone found a better solution? Thanks.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Update: I still have not found a goos solution to replacing the window run felt on a rear sliding window. I can get a 100 ft roll of it for $180 but can also get a good takeout window for about the same price. Has anyone found a better solution? Thanks.

If it's definitely the same for M44/M39/M809 tops, I suspect you could buy it, break it up into kits and make a couple bucks to boot.

Tackettr

I might have to go that route, buy the whole roll and sell the rest on here. I can't believe I'm the first one to replace the felt on one of these windows.