• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for tire chains

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have some tri-rails if you get anywhere near Cincinnati(might have some singles too). Maybe We could see if they fit in a flat rate box! Pm if you want details.

rolling18

I also have a full set of singles but they are the military chain for the stock tire size.. I also live in Portland Oregon oops

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want a set for cheap insurance to ''have them if needed'', and otherwise truck them around in the bag most of the time, then, by all means, grab a set of military chains that fit your 11.00-20 (?) tires. They are ladder-style chains, rugged, and will get you out of most a pinch.

If you plan on actually using the chains and having optimal traction and grip for accelerating, stopping and to prevent side slipping on snow and ice, go for modern commercial chains (''cross-cut'' pattern) that add additional chain lengths at an angle and also have individual links welded 90 degrees over other links to create a thicker thread that will bite into snow and crush ice.

As with tires and other things, the development of tire chains has evolved since the first lengths of chain were tied through rims and around tires...

indy4x4fab

Banned
I have a skid of mil surplus daul tire chains for the back of a deuce, 9.00-20 daully chains I'm willing to part with pickup only not willing to ship.

M1key

SS member, 4052 had some. They were for 11.00-20s, brand new, mil. surplus, very heavy duty, and the price was very reasonable. They can be cut down to fit 9.00-20s and you end up with extra cross chains!
I received 5 pair and he shipped all ten in individual flat rate medium boxes.

This was last year when I ordered the last bach.

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

Western Tire Chain Have not done any research on pricing.

Thanks for the link! :beer:

Man, oh man! That's one lame website! It would be difficult to do ANY research on what he sells!

When are small business owners going to wake up and stop trying to make their own websites? For a few hundred bucks they can have a simple, but professional site.

And the worst is paying for a domain name and then getting your email at somthingorother@aol.com or whatever ISP you're using! Almost all hosting packages include email these days!

Talk about being penny wise and pound foolish!

O, well, all is not lost. Iv'e nominated the site for one of the worst sites of 2012. Maybe if he's selected he'll wake up and smell the coffee.