• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for wheel adapter plates?

Seth35a2

Can anyone point me to wheel adapter plates for 10 lug bud wheels that came off lmtv I need the plates like peashooter use to build oe something to convert tjem to 6 lug I went to the local machine shop and it was gonna be 550 plus parts and material

Last edited by a moderator:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah... your title is more for "oh ... I'm screwed. I need help now." Change it to something more in line with what you're asking.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Has got to be one of the dumbest titles I've seen in awhile. Screaming "Help!" in a title like this on this site is akin to dialing 9-11. There's be a lot of info put out about this before. Being your first post, this was definitely not getting off onto the right foot.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Title has been fixed.

Seth, I suggest sending a PM to our member texas30cal. He is in the process right now, of recentering those exact wheels as you have, to make them work on a Deuce.

Using "bolt-on" adapter plates is just one way to solve this...

G.

Seth35a2

There's been a ton of write ups on the topic 5 years ago and I've tryed writing people asking just dead ends so far no luck I'm not one to start threads I'm sorry for the aggravation thanks the help gringe I pmed him

m715mike

Seth35a2 - I'm getting to this thread late and making the assumption that you used the word "Help" in the thread title. That is reserved for emergency situations. For example, when someone is broke-down on the side of the road, they will ask for "help." For non-emergency situations, just post a good description of the topic in your thread title. I believe this is what the folks above were trying to explain. By no means is your thread a hassle!

Peashooter use to make the adaptor plates you want. I believe he doesn't make them any more. That's why you are finding a lot of old threads on the topic.

I hope gimpy can help you. If not, texas30cal is a great guy too.

Also, you could try posting a want add for a set of Peashooter's old adaptor plates. I bet someone has a set sitting on the shelf that they never used. You may have to get your post count up before you can use the classifieds forum.

Good luck!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If your machine shops wants $550 for machine work plus the steel you are only looking at around $700 expenditure. That is for 6 plates. Apparently you do not have a clue on the amount of machine work that goes into it. And that someone has to make a profit. Especially since you can't make them yourself like Texas30cal. Once you factor in waiting time and shipping you might as well have it done local with what you have on hand. Not trying to take any money away from our member but No one works for free and $700 is cheap in my book and that's on the top end. It costs between $500/600 to make one bridge truck spacer after metal and machine time

This is coming from someone who does machine work and has a CNC machine. You might be better to go to your machine shop and see how much it would be to make 3 full sets to adapter plates. It may only cost $1200 total for 3 sets. Then you can sell a few of them and gain some money back. It is always easier and cheaper to make more at one time that to make something specific one time. If that makes sense.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The way I read the o.p., it was going to be $550 per plate, and that just for labor?? Otherwise... yes, that would be very cheap - at $92 each!

texas30cal

I'm doing this bc I HAVE TO chose what I spend my $ on , I couldn't come out making $ even if I did them for $100 each. It just takes time, are the plates on eGay the correct ones for the OP?

winfred

not for lmtv wheels, i got those adapters and they work well for mrap wheels, i even got a 7th that had lug holes beveled on both sides for the spare (non flipped hubs) not sure if he has the program to cut 5 ton pattern plates or not but its worth asking

I'm doing this bc I HAVE TO chose what I spend my $ on , I couldn't come out making $ even if I did them for $100 each. It just takes time, are the plates on eGay the correct ones for the OP?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The way I read the o.p., it was going to be $550 per plate, and that just for labor?? Otherwise... yes, that would be very cheap - at $92 each!
If its 550 per plate then apparently they dont do much machine work or have very good machines.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

texas30cal

Kind of what I was thinking, $550 would almost certainly be for 6. If I still worked at the last shop I was at I could order them in with ID and OD laser cut, then run them in a cnc mill. Even doing it all in manuals it shouldn't be $550/ea.

Seth35a2

Rocky machine shop in Calhoun Ga and that was price per plate they where trying to take advantage of me because I told them I really needed the plates cause I'm stuck at this point of my project

texas30cal

Gimpyrobb posted that he has weld in plates? Also the guy on eBay lists his phone number, his auction says they have made/sold lots of them, maybe his machine shop will make a programming change to drill the correct pattern for the fmtv wheels? It's worth a try. If all else fails I have a shop here that would do it without gouging but it wouldn't be a fast option.

Seth35a2

Update contacted the guy on eBay that sales the mrap wheel adapters and that is all he wants to make I would go with a weld in center I'm not that confident in my welding capabilities 400lb wheel and tire coming off down the rd would do some damage to anything in it's path lol

texas30cal

Right, that's why I don't want to re-center wheels for other folks. If not in a huge rush I'll contact my buddy and give him a drawing of the plates.