• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for wheel adapter plates?

Seth35a2

I've got a couple more leads to follow I've got 100 bucks in 6 wheels that are in perfect shape only reason I wanted them I'm trying to budget build lol I will get in touch with you if I can't get any

texas30cal

Can anyone tell me how other plates bolt to the rim? I ask bc the 10 lug holes in the fmtv wheels are 1.275 dia, if we use a 1-1/4" bolt/nut there will be some clearance there. Now with what we are doing .030" may not be enough to worry about, I'm certain the wheels and tires run out more than that but I don't want things to start stacking up causing issues. The other way (best way but not cheap) to do it would be to use studs pressed into the plate and 10 lug nuts to hold the plate to the wheel. If those who have prior experience would chime in it would be greatly appreciated. I'm also going to message peashooter to see what he has to say as he's already done this.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I've got a couple more leads to follow I've got 100 bucks in 6 wheels that are in perfect shape only reason I wanted them I'm trying to budget build lol I will get in touch with you if I can't get any
Well it costs money to play and look pretty. Especially if you aren't a fabricator. The place that had the offer of $550 ea is ridiculous unless its an old man with a die grinder doing it all that way. I could understand that stoneage craftsmanship. I would report them to the BBB honestly or call em crazy to their face. They can get a burned round stock of the right diameter in a 6 to 10in length and its just cutting and drilling then.

When you contact the machine shop tell them you want 3 to 5 sets. It will work out better for you and them. You can gain some money back and it keeps you costs down. I know you are new to all this but bite the bullet and spend the money.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone tell me how other plates bolt to the rim?................
If the option was a bolt-on plate then you can only use the outer Ø17.50"-bolt circle and the plates would have to have 19.00" o.d.
The original 10-on-11.25" center section is useless because any bolt heads/nuts would interfere with the hub flange. Also the backspace would be too much.

Here is a drawing showing the final assembly - after the "hump" portion was already removed...

See this post (and previous), for the real thing and final results... (some excellent work done by treeguy!)

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

texas30cal

I was wondering if there would be enough room for that third ring of bolts. I have seen some wheels/plates with a third bolt circle but they must have been the mrap wheels. Will the studs in the aluminum wheels be long enough to accommodate the additional 1/2" of plate?

texas30cal

Ok, we are apparently dealing with two different styles of wheels, are those the mrap wheels? These are what I am re-centering, I believe gringeltaube is right in that bolting a plate to them would interfere with the hub. I don't know what to do, were there ever plates made for the type of wheels that 98g, seth35a2, and davidhdale have? Do all 3 of you have the same type? I can get pretty much anything done, we just have to figure out what it is we need as I'm no wheel expert.

Attachments

Last edited:

peashooter

Quido

Honestly I don't trust many businesses in Calhoun, but thats just me. I would search around farther south closer to ATL if you are still going that route. I have dealt with D&D in Canton and Capital in Woodstock. D&D has a laser and full CNC equip. I usually have to wait for my stuff due to demand of other customers, but they have always treated me right. Capital has a 4 axis waterjet and CNC equip, however they do a lot of dirt track fab work and are busy this time of year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Seth35a2

I called several companies and could never get helped I called Holden on llc out of Florida they made me some plates called on Friday evening and received them the following Friday super nice guys and do good work I highly recommend them I had 472 in them 1/2inch thick shipped to my door I still have to get a professional welder to weld them in 20171006_172529.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Professional welder? Must be a Georgia thing. You either know if your a welder or not. Those who know they can't weld are hesitant to pick up a lead. and no squirt guns don't count.

I just ran across 4 adapter plates on ebay for $355 shipped. from Mig21US in Ohio.

texas30cal

Glad you got your plates seth, when this started there were other people wanting plates, you gave me good info but the others either didn't have their wheels yet or would not respond to repeated requests for the info on exactly which wheels they had.

winfred

HA squirt gun, i'm stealing that.

got my plates from him, 6 normal mrap/rockwell and one with the rockwell lugs beveled on both sides for the spare (my hubs aren't flipped) so i don't need to screw with 4-500 foot pound adapter plate bolts when spare is inevitably configured for the wrong end of the truck

and no squirt guns don't count.
I just ran across 4 adapter plates on ebay for $355 shipped. from Mig21US in Ohio.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks