• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Carolina to Kansas and return.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I needed new tires for my M814, and BFR metals, in Salina Ks, had a few to sell. So, I roped Ferro into going with me, and we hiked out to Salina to pickup the tires, and what ever goodies we could find.
Glen was a big help with the front end loader fork lift, and we had the tires loaded in short order. Then Ferro and I went and pulled some stuff we needed. Loaded everything up, tied it all down, and then headed for home.
We passed a single deuce headed eastbound on I70 in Kansas, and I think the driver was a little surprised when we blew the horn, and waved big time.
Right now, we are in Columbia MO, and will make the jump to South Carolina tomorrow.:mrgreen:

91W350

Yes, it is true, they came all that way for some tires and spare parts. It sounds like something I would do before I started working here. A couple of fine young men on a mission. The thing that makes lifelong friends. It was nice to have a little time available yesterday to spend with them. I had to cut out and go to court, but made it back in time to wave goodbye. I do want to say that as a whole, the membership here has some mighty fine people. Glen

Attachments

91W350

Since I am getting closer to 60ish than 50ish, a lot of guys are looking pretty young these days. I have to be careful about who I am calling old...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At 56 I'm almost always the oldest at a rally. That's why I like going to the one in GA. We have WM, PB and Ron to make me feel young.

;-)

Trainman

Nice haul John! I hope to see your beast at the GA rally. Then I will have to bring the wife and kiddo to ride the train sometime in October...

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Wish I knew you were going to be out there, I am planning to go out this Monday, but could have gone yesterday. Always good to meet others with the same affliction. Guess I will have to wait till second week in Oct to meet you.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh good, San Francisco Dave the Beef King is going to be at the GA Rally.

:)

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we are planning to go again in Nov. I needed a set of tires too, but had something come up while on the way out here so the money need to get realocated. John, what were you needing? I picked up a bunch of small stuff. Glen was great and next time we will advertise the trip ahead of time. I loaded up 2 drums of Ferro Fuel and we are going to make it there and back on 130 gallons. 2300 miles round trip. Not too bad.

We're in Nashville right now, lots of traffic due to I-24 being closed. We should be to John's AO around 2200, roll his tires off and then I'll head home.

Steve, we didn't really go anywhere near you to stop in!

Glen, try to make it to GA. Its worth it and I'll let you take the XM818 of death out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks