• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Florida Picnic

jwesley74

Thanks for the invite. Would love to meet fellow MV fanatics in the area but gotta work all day on 26th and gettin ready for recovery of 923 & 925 following weekend in GA. Just a reminder, we will be at Redneck Yacht Club with M925 weekend of April 5. It's pretty crazy out there Trucks gone wild weekend. So if thats not your cup of tea I understand. But would love to see other MV's there. We got our M923 stuck Nov 16 there and sat in the mud for 16 hrs cause no one could get us out. They had a 20 ton excavator sitting 200' from us but no operator until Noon the next day! There was a M936 Wrecker there but kid that owned it, didn't know how to operate so he wasn't of assistance. Now with the 925 we could probably get ourselves out but need another 5 ton to hook too! LOL! Have fun this weekend!

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the picnic happened. All those in attendence had a good time & left full. Looks like we will do it again as everyone vowed to come back.

scootertrs

Missed this one...

Need more events in South Florida... Miami, Kemdall, Miami Springs, Coral Gables, South Beach, Ft.lauderdale, all awesome, all available

BTW- a philosophical question... If a SMART car is crushed by a 1400x20 tire worn by a M925A1 and noone is around to hear it... does it make a sound?

I would like to invite all SS who would be interested to come so we could get to know each other and have a little fun. Date is Jan 26 2013 for a 2pm lunch Hot Dogs and what ever. Bob Morrison 110 kirby thompson rd , Fort Denaud , Fl. Please respond to this thread so all info. gets shared. :driver:

Last edited:

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Initially it would be good just to meet and jntroduce ourselves. Upon meeting we could think of possible activities, and take it from there. Do you have a particular place to meet in mind?

scootertrs

I am currently waiting for my Fla Title for the M925A1, so it cannot go anywhere. and my Deuce Fire Truck is in Kendall, so she could go. I suppose there is a car show that used to have some MV's in Ft. Lauderdale on Friday evenings. I would have to check to see if they are still happening. If it was a meet w/o MV's I am pretty open.

Initially it would be good just to meet and jntroduce ourselves. Upon meeting we could think of possible activities, and take it from there. Do you have a particular place to meet in mind?

scootertrs

I'll pm my number and lets get it going. I am a member of SPAAMFA (short for something, something antique fire trucks) but all their meets are North of Orlando... too far for a ride in a deuce fire truck. Once I have a/c in my 925, that may be an option, still a hike. Talk soon.

OK, so let me know and I will be happy to meet up. And there is another truck owner locally whose number I have and I will call him too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks