• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South West Florida Members

broadsword71

I have not been there. I just have street tires on the burb and cant bring the F550. I'll give it some thought.
No worrie there man...seriously. You can ride around the mud holes like most people do in a soccer mom van. I didn't have a lift and tires on my excursion and I still went and had a great time. I'm sure you can ride on the MV that will be in our crowd. Ur welcome to ride with us. I do have a bed in the back!!! If you can find a loaner ATV that's a great way to get around. I borrowed a friends a couple times. I was respectful to it...just used it to piss around. Once you go you will understand you don't need an off road worthy vehicle to have a great time. Vendors, live music, truck tug of war, swimming, mud races...but nothing is more fun then watching guys get brave after a few cold ones and try to drive through the deep holes. Lots of insanely engineered buggies and trucks to.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to elementary school and Jr High in Pt Charlotte and 1/2 year of HS at CHS in Punta Gorda before my parents dragged me kicking and screaming to Idaho. We used to have 65 acres just east of Punta Gorda that would have made for some nice (if short) trail rides. Of course where they moved to in ID has some SERIOUS trails to ride. Unfortunately when I was in FL I was only in to muscle cars and not MVs. Too bad since I bet I could have got a nice deal on a M37 in the late 70s.

Goose2448

Alright, since this has gone no where, poop. I may have found a place we could all meet up in a neutral location with FOOD! They have car meets at random times at the Fosters Grill in Cape Coral. So if anyone is interested, I will go down there and talk with them and see if I could get something set up. They have parking in the lot next to the place that can handle the "big trucks." Their food is alright, and a little overpriced, but this would not be about the food.

So if your interested, let me know.

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Goose, I'll be there most any time you want. Things have settled down and I'd like to do a picnick on Sat. jan. 26. location is 110 kirby thompson rd. Fort Denaud Fl. About 2 pm. Any body willing to come. Bob

Goose2448

Goose, I'll be there most any time you want. Things have settled down and I'd like to do a picnick on Sat. jan. 26. location is 110 kirby thompson rd. Fort Denaud Fl. About 2 pm. Any body willing to come. Bob
Cool, I will be there for sure, as long as work does not interfere, which it has been doing lately. I know what ya mean with not having any time. I just finished moving, took a month to move 6 miles! Looks like I will just follow 78 to your place. You're the house with all the green stuff right? LOL

What should I bring? Food, drinks? Since I just blew all my MV money on a newer Duramax, I hope yall still let me in. LOL

Goose2448

Cool Cool, I will have to come up with something good. I will have some drinks, and something else. I hope we can have a decent group. If your place works out well, maybe we could gather there monthly or something. At least this first time we could plan for a next time.

sggoat

Hey, you folks in SW Fl.--I'm here in Alva--Don't have a driven MV, but an M101A2 trailer---pulled by a Toyota Land Cruiser- someday converted to a camper - but not at the expense of the original design. Didn't know there were folks this close. Gary Stilwell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks