• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South Wind Engine Heater

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a South Wind 939J24 multifuel engine heater on my M543A2. I think it is a really good addition. It heats the engine nicely. I considered using an electric tank type heater, but if the truck is away from a power supply, it cannot be used. I leave the heater on when using the truck for short times on light work which would not normally warm the engine enough to dry it out. The heater will help get it up to temp quickly. Does anyone else have one, and how do you like it? The company is based here in Indiana. I called them, got a manual for the heater, and the information that all parts are available for repair.
Regards Marti

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marti, is that the coolant heater AND the oil pan heater, did you complete both installations?
From the installation instructions I have seen, they do go together, using a pump for the coolant and the exhaust from the heater for the oil pan.

I'm wondering how effective the oil pan heater would be alone. Last winter I drove a VW diesel rabbit while working on a heated fuel tank addition and found that a magnetic oil pan heater worked great alone (110 VAC).

I'll be concentrating on an oil pan heater for the 8x8, which will speed up cranking rpm, reduce current drain for starter, reduce time to oil pressure and no need for multi grade engine oil ( I use 30 weight).

M1075

I just posted a classified listing for a new-in-crate coolant and oil pan heater kit from South Wind. I also have a new-in-box fuel burning personnel heater kit listed in the classifieds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks