• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern CUCV Restoration now MRCUCV

Status
Not open for further replies.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I moved from Annapolis MD about 5 years ago and am now located in Boone NC, with my shop in Mt. City TN. If you’d like to contact me about what I do please visit my website @ MRCUCV.com or message me here.
Regards, David

IMG_1152.jpgIMG_1148.jpgIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1153.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1162.jpgIMG_1164.jpgIMG_1165.jpg

Last edited:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! Well lots of reasons really, its actually worked out great to have my shop away from my house, as i don’t go over but maybe 4 times a week, but get much more work done alone in a more uninterrupted time. The shop is on a small farm we own and i am able to separate work and play. Thanks

Debest

Hello all, well after about 18 months of relocation from Maryland down to North Carolina I have my shop up and running and am restoring CUCV's full time. You can find me on the web just search "mrcucv.com". I have built 3 trucks this summer and have 2 more in process. Thought you all might like to see the last one I did, the rest are on my website.

Regards, David

View attachment 737668View attachment 737667View attachment 737666View attachment 737669View attachment 737670View attachment 737671View attachment 737672View attachment 737673
What I saw your new site

Debest

Hello all, well after about 18 months of relocation from Maryland down to North Carolina I have my shop up and running and am restoring CUCV's full time. You can find me on the web just search "mrcucv.com". I have built 3 trucks this summer and have 2 more in process. Thought you all might like to see the last one I did, the rest are on my website.

Regards, David

View attachment 737668View attachment 737667View attachment 737666View attachment 737669View attachment 737670View attachment 737671View attachment 737672View attachment 737673
What's your new site name

MarcusOReallyus

The https://mrcucv.com/ site is still there. Not much there, but it does exist. Nothing but a phone number for contact, so I guess he's so buried in work he doesn't need to make it easy for potential customers to contact him, and his website doesn't even say what he does, so I guess he relies on unpaid advertising on forums like this to bring in new customers. Actually, his website doesn't even hint that he's a business of any kind. Looks just like somebody's photo gallery. Must be nice to have so much business you don't even need a functional business website.

He hasn't posted here in about a year and a half, though.

Debest

The https://mrcucv.com/ site is still there. Not much there, but it does exist. Nothing but a phone number for contact, so I guess he's so buried in work he doesn't need to make it easy for potential customers to contact him, and his website doesn't even say what he does, so I guess he relies on unpaid advertising on forums like this to bring in new customers. Actually, his website doesn't even hint that he's a business of any kind. Looks just like somebody's photo gallery. Must be nice to have so much business you don't even need a functional business website.

thanks

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like many of you I have enjoyed buying/restoring/selling/trading CUCV’s over these last 13 years as a hobby. However, I now have a special needs grandchild and 80 year old dependent parents relying on me.
My webpage has now been deleted. But I hope to keep a few trucks going every now and again.
Thanks, David

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter

That is a rude nasty and classless comment. Totally out of line.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just FYI, the main reason I created the webpage was to take my stuff offline of SS so as not to abuse or take advantage of Steel Soldiers. That is why I haven’t been posting on the site. I respect and want to uphold the integrity of our hobby.

David

Debest

Like many of you I have enjoyed buying/restoring/selling/trading CUCV’s over these last 13 years as a hobby. However, I now have a special needs grandchild and 80 year old dependent parents relying on me.
My webpage has now been deleted. But I hope to keep a few trucks going every now and again.
Thanks, David
I didn’t now that,hope you can be with both family members tans take care of them

MarcusOReallyus

That is a rude nasty and classless comment. Totally out of line.

There nothing either rude OR nasty about it. It's just a factual report on what I found there.

If you have a business, there are some minimum requirements for a website. One of those is to tell people what you are selling.

If you want to talk about rude and classless, maybe we could talk about skirting the requirements to be a paid sponsor to do advertising on this site, or maybe we could talk about advertising a business and then just leaving people hanging, not knowing if you are still in business or not.

Debest

There nothing either rude OR nasty about it. It's just a factual report on what I found there.

If you have a business, there are some minimum requirements for a website. One of those is to tell people what you are selling.

If you want to talk about rude and classless, maybe we could talk about skirting the requirements to be a paid sponsor to do advertising on this site, or maybe we could talk about advertising a business and then just leaving people hanging, not knowing if you are still in business or not.
Good answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks